eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
mad-4-classic-cars
Community Member
how to appeal ebay resolution decision

I posted some items to china with no tracking,but obtained the buyers address on a receipt from the post office and a cash receipt with how much the postage cost to send these items from the post office.The buyer claims he has not received them,i have kept in constant contact with the buyer.The buyer took it to the resolution center.The buyer won his case,this was settled within 24 hours,how this can happen without ebay viewing my receipts is just ridiculous.How do they know that the buyer has not received them have they done all the checks within 24 hours i don't think so i am absolutely disgusted at the outcome of this and left out of pocket.Ebay say you can appeal the decision but when you go on the case there is no appeal icon to click on.Can anybody help with this problem.Thank you

Other Answers: 3
ol-nobull
Community Member
Answered
in reply to mad-4-classic-cars

You have a lot you need to learn about ebay seller protetion policies & how you ship.

Your postage reiepts are only good for you to use this as a deduction on your income tax form.  They are worthless to ebay.

To be able to win an item not reieved case you MUST enter a tracking # into the transaction when you mail OR enter it into the case in the resolution center.

Without online viewable tracking you automatically lose EVERY item not reieved case filed.

Good luck, Jim

fossil_diver
Community Member
Answered

No tracking = you lose. Ebay doesn't care about receipts. They only care about the tracking number.

silverstrad
Community Member
Answered

You are asking your question on eBay.com, the US ebay site.

However, the policy on eBay UK is basically the same as you have been told above

Read here

What proof will eBay accept from me when buyers open an item not received case?

and note the part that says

"We require proof of delivery.

You will need online documentation from a postal company that includes all of the following:

A status of “delivered” (or equivalent) and the date of delivery.

The recipient’s address, showing at least the city/county or postcode (or international equivalent).

Signature Confirmation for transactions that total £150 or more."