eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Geico
Community Member
how long should I wait before filing a non payment claim with ebaY?

how long should I wait before filing a non payment claim with ebay?

Other Answers: 3
Community Member
Answered
in reply to markwc951

I'm not a fan of being too pushy, bearing in mind buyers can leave feedback.

I do nothing for 48 hours, as eBay notifies buyers.

After 2 days I send an invoice.

2 days later, I'll send a reminder invoice, then file the dispute 1 day after that.

If I get a message I don't like, I file immediately - e.g.,a 'I can't pay until next week', or 'I changed my mind' message.  Fortunately, those are rare.

Keep in mind weekends and holidays - many folks are not on their computers on weekends.  Some only check email from work.

Most buyers pay quick, a few drag their feet. 

You can use the unpaid item assistant to automate it if you wish, having the system automatically file disputes for you in as little as 48 hours EOA.

Good luck.

Upper right corner on this page, click 'customer support'. Type your question into the input box, and click the 'search' button.

This will answer 99% of all questions posted on this board.
overhemd
Community Member
Answered
in reply to markwc951

You can open a case as soon as 2 days after the sale. I usually wait 4 days, unless there has been open communication with the buyer.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

pi_r_square
Community Member
Answered
in reply to markwc951

Sellers may start the Unpaid Item process as soon as 2 days (48 hours) after auction close.   They can close the Unpaid Item Case as early as 4 full days later, issuing a nonpayment strike to the buyer. 

Sellers should not relist or make any Second Chance Offers, until the Case has closed.

Visit the eBay Resolution Center to learn how to solve your problem, if one arises.

Meanwhile, read this:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-items.html 

Please return to your question soon, and click "Accept as Solution" for any helpful answers, from any responder. If you were asked for clarification, please add your comments very quickly -- otherwise the responders may be unable to give further help