on 12-31-2011 05:39 AM
It seems like the last few days, every or almost every listing I look at has an annoying popup "NEW! eBay shopping cart" on it, covering part of the listing information.
It is very annoying to have to get rid of this each time. I don't see any way in my account settings to disable it, and my Firefox popupblocker and adblock/flashblock don't do anything.
Any way to to get rid of this dumb feature permanently?
on 04-27-2014 07:11 AM
I tried contacting eBay about the annoying and USELESS pop up adsbut they had me running in circles unable to find a way to contact them about it.
If the pop ups cannot be disabled I will close my account and stop using ebay. They make enough money out of me already without trying to tell me "I am not spending enough' with their silly unwanted and incredibly annoying pop ups, this is an insult to a trusted and longtim customer of eBay.
on 12-31-2011 07:09 AM
i wish there were, as i can't stand that dumb thing either, but i see no way to get rid of it, like ebay thinks everyone is so dense they can't see the cart link on their own??? lol
on 03-11-2012 12:50 PM
This worked for me with Internet Explorer:
- Click Tools in top menu bar
- Click Internet Options at bottom
- Click 'Secrity' tab
- Click 'Trusted Sites' (green checkmark)
- Click on 'Sites' box on right
- Any site addresses displayed with 'ebay' in the name
I clicked on (highlighted) and selected 'Remove'
...Ta DA!! so far so good for me, we'll see!? Good luck
btw- All regular Internet security level is set to med-high
on 03-31-2012 09:37 AM
For Google Chrome browsers, this is how to disable the pop-up:
- On the uppermost right corner of the browser, click on the icon that looks like a wrench Select 'Settings' from the dropdown menu. This will take you to the 'Settings' screen.
- On this screen, go to the navigation bar on the left side and click on 'Under the Hood'. At the top of this screen is the 'Privacy' section. Click on the button labeled 'Content settings'. This will take you to the next screen.
- Scroll down until you see 'Pop-Ups'. Click on the option "Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended)"