eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
how can you send a 2nd chance offer to the same person after the 24 hrs expires? They are still interested.

I have a buyer that bid up my auction then said she found another item and doesn't intend to pay the $39.01 she bid.  I offered for her to pay the listing fees and I wouldn't report her and she declined. So, I sent a second chance offer to the next in line and he was trying to bargain for a lower price. We finally agreed on the price he bid but he didn't accept within the 24 hours. Now Ebay isn't giving me the option to resend the 2nd chance offer to him, nor will they let me relist my item. They're telling me I have to start all over which cost me more fees. I need to be able to either resend the 2nd chance offer or relist without having to start all over and incur more fees. Can anyone direct me how to do one or the other or both?

Other Answers: 2
bostongrammy
Community Member
Answered
in reply to shabby-j

You need to read the Help page about what to do when a buyer doesn't pay:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

If you decide to relist the item, you can do that from the original listing, but not from the SCO listing.

kraloe
Community Member
Answered
in reply to shabby-j

You are confused. For one thing, sending an SCO doesn't do anything to resolve the transaction with the original buyer. You would need to go through the UPI process for that. And you should be doing that before making SCOs.

Another is that you can't offer another SCO to that bidder, and not for less than the amount eBay allows (which is the amount of his bid). So you have to relist. And eBay certainly is allowing you to do that--it just has to be from the original listing, not the SCO.