eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
Community Member
What is "bottoms size" when listing clothing???

Listing some blue jeans this am...asking for "bottoms size"...unsure what that is???

Thanks!

Other Answers: 8
Community Member
Answered
in reply to simplysuzy

Bottoms Size???  Go back to waist size the new term adds nothing and confuses me. I'll avoid using Ebay to buy items that use Bottoms Size.

silverstrad
Community Member
Answered
in reply to simplysuzy

They mean the waist size

And there was a huge discussion about this on the Clothing Discussion board - where most people seemed to think it is a ridiculous term that  few will understand.. but eBay went ahead with the change anyway.

luteslinger
Community Member
Answered
in reply to simplysuzy

So the top of pants are bottoms, and bell bottoms have no waist, and the size of my bottom is now the size of my waist. 

Community Member
Answered
in reply to simplysuzy

STUPID!!!! It's all about greedy eBay making more money. By coming up with this STUPID term they are trying to lump other clothing catergories in. My how this company has sunk!!!

my*quiet*place
Community Member
Answered
in reply to simplysuzy

Apparently - waist size.

This from an eBay Pink on the Clothing & Accessories DB:

amanna@ebay.com (0) View Listings
amanna@ebay.com
Subscribe
Ignore
(19 of 28)
Re: Bottom size? One of the new specifics.............. Mar 21, 2011 05:18 PM
Good Afternoon Sellers,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Bottoms Size refers to simply the Size of the item for all "Bottoms" categories (Jeans, Pants, Skirts).

The purpose behind splitting Size into these more granular categories ("Size", "Bottoms Size", "Intimates & Sleep Size", etc...) was to group categories with similar sizing. This will allow us to surface the the refinement capability for these categories much earlier with fewer clicks.

Your buyers will now be able to choose, for example, 28" in Bottoms Size, and we'll know that based on that Waist Size to give them all inventory with a 28" Waist regardless of whether it's in Pants, Jeans, etc... Of course they will still have the ability to choose Pants or Jeans before selecting a size if they choose to do so. This change in the buyer's view should increase the surfacing of a seller's inventory and means fewer clicks to a buyer finding the product that they're looking for.

Regards,
Anjali

Community Member
Answered
in reply to simplysuzy

In effect, it is overanalyzing what people are looking for--if a client is already looking at a listing for "men's pants" then it goes without saying there is no need for a custom specific under "big and tall" for "bottoms"...good grief...!!  Yes, I could see this if you were looking at "Pajama Sets".

All of the changes lately, are beginning to seem like IRS regs--c'mon, eBay--let's think these things out some more--it's taking twice as long to list clothing items because of all these changes!!

pope_shenooda
Community Member
Answered
in reply to simplysuzy

"Bottoms size" = waist size? Absurd.

The Peoples' Pope

More people have knelt before me
than former President Bill Clinton
october_paws
Community Member
Answered
in reply to simplysuzy

Hmm,

When the people say the "bottom-size", I would think that is either the edge of the pans on the bottom or between your thigh and hip not the waist-line(waist). It is more logic to figure then....