eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Seller will not combine shipping after she told me her policy was to offer 40% off the costs if multiple items were purchased. I'm stuck now

I had contacted a seller about combined shipping.  Her listing stated that if you wanted to puchase multiple items, to contact her for a shipping price.  So, before i bought the items, I emailed her.  Her response stated that she offered a 40% discount off of the total shipping if 4 or more items were bought.  I went on to puchase 4 items and then requested an updated invoice.  She invoiced me the total shipping amount with no discount.  Now, she will not respond to my e-mails inquiring where the discount is.  What are my options?  I've emailed her to ask her to cancel the transaction as well, but with no response.  How is fair that I must pay this insane shipping fee when I followed the protocol of contacting her first?

Other Answers: 9
jame234
Community Member
Answered
in reply to oneill217

Sorry this is happening to you like previous responder said, it does not make sense.  Giver her another day, Send another msg requesting a revised invoice,  then pay and ding her with your DSR's.  It's better than you getting any unpaid strikes.

ilovegrandkids6
Community Member
Answered
in reply to oneill217

If she will not send a revised invoice I would pay for my items ( unless you want 4 un paid item strikes ) and then when the items arrive I would rate the DSR's VERY LOW ( 1 )  and give the desired feedback that is needed ( red donut ).  But, make the feedback factual and to the point as you don't want it to be removed for violating policy.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to oneill217

Upon further investigation, she has 100% feedback.  But, when I looked at the comments, she had one person say that her combined shipping is a joke and that she never responds.  This is very frustrating.  I will report her to ebay if she does not respond.  It's like a bait and swtich.

entropii
Community Member
Answered
in reply to oneill217

She has an excellent history.  I wonder if she just needs more time.  I would just not pay, and wait.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to oneill217

It seems unfair that I would have to pay for the items when she lied about the shipping and I have the emails where she states that she will give a discount.  I want the items, but I want them at the price she gave me to ship them.  If I pay, can i open a claim against her?

Community Member
Answered
in reply to oneill217

I had used the "request invoice" button on the "my ebay" page so I could get a combined shipping quote.  She had to send it back like this, right?

Community Member
Answered
in reply to oneill217

The invoice that I received had all 4 itemS on it.  i just don't understand why someone would do this.  I  also don't understand why ebay can't help me with this.  It seems fraudulent and i sent all m email thru ebay mail.  

centerhill73
Community Member
Answered
in reply to oneill217

When you used the request invoice tab, did you ever get an invoice that had all 4 items on one invoice? If you did, that was a response from her. If they were all separate, it was the auto invoice from ebay.

I like the response earleir that says to leave neg FB and 1's for dsr's. That will get her attention. If she refunds the excess ship charge and requests feedback revision, you can always do that; but intentionally baiting and switching to get  a sale is wrong.

centerhill73
Community Member
Answered
in reply to oneill217

The invoices you got from the purchases were probably just the automatic bills generated from ebay. Unless you got more than one invoice on each sale, that is the case.

How long has it been since the sale? Seller may not have even seen the transaction yet. We check our sales several times a day, but many ebay sellers only check every couple of days. It makes no sense to disregard a request like yours (of course, some sellers will do some pretty non-sensical things occasionally). Good luck