eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member
Accepted Solution
Need to make my purchases PRIVATE on my eBay page! Help!!!
My kids are peeking at what I've bought by going to my eBay feedback page, and clicking on 'view item'! Actually caught them! How can I make my purchases private, and or keep non-trading parteners, family(!!!), and the curious(?) from sneaking a peek at bought items? Thanks. signed: Ms. Claus
Accepted Solutions: 3
Community Member
Answered
in reply to castlelover39
Well, Mrs. Claus... You can make your feedback private but I do not recommend that. There are many sellers who do not like selling to private feedback buyers. There are many reasons for this. http://pages.ebay.com/help/feedback/profile-public-private.html I would really recommend that you make sure you click the sign out link every time you leave your computer and make sure the password is not one your kids know. This is what I do and they can't get on to my PC and see my history and do not know how to search for my purchase history. Good luck!
everything-from-trinkets-to-treasures
Community Member
Answered
midtownkc
Community Member
Answered
Changing your password will not solve this. Anybody that knows your ebay ID name can see your feedback. As said, making your FB private is not a good idea. Makes it look like you are trying to hide bad FB to other members. You can create a new account just to buy your secret items and don't tell anybody the ID..
Other Answers: 3
justa00girl
Community Member
Answered

Changing password will not help because you can google the username and acquire the information as well. You don't even have to use the same computer or be in the same house. My friend found out about a watch I bought for his b'day. Creeped me out cuz that's stalkerish in my book.

Community Member
Answered
Well, don't want my feedback private...have many pages, all good! Just wanted to make my 'bought items' private. Guess that's not going to happen. Oh well, it was a thought. Thanks for the help! You're on the 'nice' list! :-) Ms. Claus
stephan7925
Community Member
Answered

Need to make my purchases PRIVATE on my eBay page