eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
How do I send refund on Paypal funds held by Ebay on open case?

Hello.  This is my first refund.  A buyer opened a case.  I agreed to refund.  Buyer returned item.  I am trying to issue refund but there are no links to do this.  The only open link is for buyer to respond to my offer of refund.  Does Buyer need to do something before the link allowing me to release refund shows up?  Thanks in advance? 

Other Answers: 8
mkad_wi
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dcheng1

I Just Did This So I Know It Works !!!

1) Pull Up Your List Of Sold Items On 'My eBay'

2) Click on 'Take Action' link that is under the item you wish to refund

3) Click on the'Respond To Case' Button

4) Scroll down the page and click on 'Issue A Full Refund' on the left side

5) Click the 'Submit' button

6) Click on 'Yes' to confirm the refund

Then The Verification Screen Comes Up and you are done !!!

Mike

pi_r_square
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dcheng1

You refund via PayPal, rather than via eBay.

Find the transaction details,

Click on the Refund link.

Please return to your question soon, and click "Accept as Solution" for any helpful answers, from any responder. If you were asked for clarification, please add your comments very quickly -- otherwise the responders may be unable to give further help
ultima08
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dcheng1

So I have the same problem...except I am the buyer.

The seller says he is not going to send the refund until the money is no longer held and the case is resolved.

Which doesn't make sense...the only way for the case to be 'resolved' without being refunded is if the case expires, which would allow a seller to steal.

I was under the impression funds get held for this very reason...so they can be refunded.

Could someone please provide more specific information, on how to issue refund when a case is opened, that I can relay to the seller?

Thanks

dcheng1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dcheng1

I cannot issue the refund via Paypal.  The funds are on hold due to an open case.  There is no link for a refund.  I've done partial refunds in the past with no problem via Paypal but this involves my first open case.  Thanks!

irino1121
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dcheng1

You just need to click "send another message to buyer". You will see the opton to give buyer a full refund. I will suggest to issue a full refund rather than issueing a partial refund and take restocking fees. Because you will not get FVF back if you do not give buyer a full refund. I just took it as a risk on business.

pandapplecute
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dcheng1

May I ask what you did to fix this and provide your buyer a refund? How did you end up refunding back your buyer? Please let us know.

my*quiet*place
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dcheng1

I recall a post here - same situation as you have with a Partial Refund -

Buyer has to agree in the Resolution Center - then refund link shows up and seller can issue that partial refund

dcheng1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dcheng1

Thanks.  I'll give it a try.  :-)