eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
k_lee_02
Community Member
How do I let my buyers know that I'll be out of town for several days?

I'm going on vacation next week and I'll be out of town several days. On a few occasions I've seen on other sellers listings that they'll be out of town and it lists the dates. How do I do that?

Other Answers: 4
Community Member
Answered
in reply to k_lee_02

The vacation setting is for store owners only.

You will need to cancel all listings that will end while you are away.

If you dont you will not ship on time, you will lose discounts, have angry buyers etc.......

maneki-neko-nook
Community Member
Answered
in reply to k_lee_02

that option is only available to store subscribers....if you do not have store, its best you end all active auctions and jsut relist them when you return.  your  buyers will want items to be shipped quickly and if you can't , you might be subject to a crappy shipping score on feedback.

I haven't had my coffee yet, so forgive my typing....The only question you may regret is the one you never asked!
cute.shoes
Community Member
Answered
in reply to k_lee_02

That feature is only for eBay STORE owners.

You ONLY have 6 listings.

End them before you leave.

Relist them when you come back.

Otherwise you might come back to negative feedback and reports filed against you - and maybe even eBay restricting your selling.  It's not worth it.

__________ _________ _________ __________
See my "me" page to learn what smart sellers do.
bill_and_ellie
Community Member
Answered
in reply to k_lee_02
Kaylee, you should change your user id to something more annonymous. A quick google of your name gives ANYONE more information than should be public. At least make your Facebook profile completely private.

Be careful out there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Answers to most questions not dealing with your account can be found here, http://pages.ebay.com/help/index/ALL.html