eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Accepted Solution
Good till Cancelled

I am new to ebay and I am learning the hard and costly way. I thought when I moved several of my items to fixed prices that these were fixed and good till cancelled but they are, of course, not. They are only for 7 days. I went into the items to move them to 'good till cancelled' but don't see that option; 7 days is max. Is this because I am new or because I don't have a store, or am I missing something? To relist an item every 7 days will be a costly venture indeed.

Accepted Solutions: 5
ludlowfair
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cherie2n

Hi, cherie.  After a listing has been up for a couple of hours, you can't change the duration.  However, when they expire, you can relist as good until cancelled.

(Note: you don't get a return of insertion fee when you relist a fixed price item.)

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/duration.html

fashionsandbeauty4u
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cherie2n

On any of your auction-style listings that have no bids, you should be able to go to those listings and select "revise item". Then down toward the bottom of the listing form, there are two tabs. When you select the Fixed Price tab. just under the "quantity" box is the drop-down box for "Duration". Your options in that box should include 30 days and Good Til Cancelled.

The maximum number of days for an auction-style listing is 10. If you select Good Til Cancelled, you will be charged $.50 for each listing, every 30 days. If you are not able to move your current, auction-style listings to fixed price, I would let them run their course as is, then relist them. The same for your current Fixed Price items. You can also try using a different browser to see if that resolves the problems with your Sell Your Item (listing) form. Good luck.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to cherie2n

Insertion fees for fixed price listings are the same regardless of duration: 50 cents if you don't have a store.

Fees for sellers who don't have a Store:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

gardensculptures
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cherie2n

On any of your auction-style listings that have no bids, you should be able to go to those listings and select "revise item". Then down toward the bottom of the listing form, there are two tabs. When you select the Fixed Price tab. just under the "quantity" box is the drop-down box for "Duration". Your options in that box should include 30 days and Good Til Cancelled.

One of the responders above stated this. You CANNOT change from an auction listing to a fixed price listing and vise versa by revising it. The only way to do this is to end your item and relist in the format you wish, AND you will be charged another insertion fee. That is what that "Send to online auction" button is for in your my Ebay- in case you want to change your listing from FIxed price to Auction formats.

Good luck!

bostongrammy
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cherie2n

Apparently when you shifted your items to fixed price, you did not change the duration that had been at the auction default of 7 days. The options for fixed price listings are 3, 5, 7, 10 or 30 days, or "Good until canceled."

A "Good until canceled" listing is a 30-day listing that self-renews if it is not sold. You are charged the insertion fee every time it renews.

Other Answers: 1
cherie2n
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cherie2n

Boy you guys are great. Thanks! I 'assumed' that somebody who placed a fixed price on something would want to keep it there till it was sold, so I did not even think to look at the duration-I moved it to fixed price just for that reason (duh). Let me ask, if a $5 item is listed at an insertion fee of 0.50 for 7 days (fixed price), what is the fee for 30 days/GTC? I haven't seen those fees anywhere (and  I am reading everything I can get my hands on). Thanks again.