eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Community Member
Accepted Solution
Ebay fees too high

can someone tell me how to list items the cheapest way? my last fees were almost more than I made, Thanks, Judi

Accepted Solution
Community Member
Answered
in reply to rpa65284

Fixed price items are .50 to list and can be listed up to 30 days at the same .50 rate you can chose 30 days or untill sells but every 30 days they will charge you another .50

You can also chose Fix priced items and add make me an offer

I have the same problem with my fees {Ebay Plus Paypal}  

When life gives you scraps make a Quilt...
Other Answers: 6
palomuszhca
Community Member
Answered
in reply to rpa65284

I ALSO THINK THA EBAY FEES ARE TOO HIGH !!  .....  IF U REALLY THINK ABOUT IT .. 9 % IS TOO HIGH PLUS PAYPAL FEES .. SO EBAY IS MAKING AN EXAGERATED PROFFIT FROM OUR ITEMS !! ....  IF THEY CUT THEM IN HALF .. EBAY WILL STILL MAKE A FAIR PROFFIT .. AND STILL MAKE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS A YEAR ... AND FOR US IT  WILL BE FAIR ..... !!   TRY TO SELL LOCAL ( CRAIGSLIST )  IS A GOOD OPTION .. NO FEES INVOLVED !!  : )

mr_lees_deals
Community Member
Answered
in reply to rpa65284

Do the math.

Decide if it's better to list auction style with the free monthly insertions and 9% final value fees or use fixed price with no free insertions and variable final value fees depending on the selling price.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

LC

“Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.” Zig Ziglar
inceptions
Community Member
Answered
in reply to rpa65284

my last fees were almost more than I made

Then you are not pricing your items right. Before you determine a starting price, you need to know what your costs are so you can build them in along with the profit you want to make. Costs include listing fees, Final Value Fees on item and shipping, PayPal fees, cost of goods, and any other expenses you might incur to sell the item.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to rpa65284

Ebay fees designed to keep poor people poor, eBay is more greedy then Wall street. Money sucking pigs! If you have money to buy a crap load of merchandise from China for cheap you can make money on eBay by opting into a seller account membership. But if your poor and are just selling stuff around your house you end up paying eBay half of your earnings just to sell on their website. We need to boycott eBay!! Why doesn't anybody start up a new online auction company that is half the price to sell on? I'd switch in a heartbeat. Here's a list of fees I pay just to sell stuff that I at one point paid retail prices for.

1) Shipping fees

2) Insertion fees

3) Gallery fees

4) PayPal fees

5) Final value fees

6) Special duration fees

7) Buy-it-Now listing fee

8) Subtitle fee

9) Final Value fee on Shipping

Have I forgot any others? By the time your done all the money you made goes to fees. What's wrong with this picture?

Community Member
Answered
in reply to rpa65284

Thanks so much!!

roro597
Community Member
Answered
in reply to rpa65284

Holy Fees Batman! We all want to make money I get it, but wow They add up. It's not going to change nobody else has eBay traffic so people aren't going to stop using them, therefore the fees aren't going down anytime soon. In fact I will only expect them to go up after a few greedy board meetings. Some people in past would just beef up the shipping to counteract fees, Ebay caught on and now charge a shipping fee so make sure you increase your shipping price to compensate.