eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
krill-kira
Community Member
Accepted Solution
Accidently clicked "commit to buy"

I was trying to buy an item but for a good while today, I'm very new to ebay (only being a member for 2 days) and since this was the first thing I tried to buy (I didn't want to bid so selected buy it now option) so I added it to my basket and then clicked continue to payment (or something to that extent) and got an error from paypal saying they couldn't process it, after getting this for a while I gave up and thought I'd go to a different item (just a random one under the one I was trying to buy) to see if this was a bug with that item only or something like that. I presumed that It would be the same routin as before add to basket and click continue to payment to edit what I wanted to use to buy it with. Instead it said commit to purchase, I'm dyslexic and read it as continue to payment and so I clicked it.

After I realized what I did I started to panic and tried to cancel it, when I noticed I couldn't I sent a email to the seller telling him/her what had happened, the point of this is to ask what is the extent this can go? I'm not willing to buy this item, I've looked up what can happen if you don't pay and discovered you can get "Non-payment buyer strikes" but what exacntly does this mean and is this all that can happen?

Accepted Solution
Community Member
Answered
in reply to krill-kira

You will need to contact the seller.  They are NOT obligated to cancel the sale.  It is their call.

Yes, you are required to purchase what you buy.

Yes, you will receive UPI strikes if sellers open UPI disputes that are closed with NO payments.

Most sellers on ebay use their tools to BLOCK members with 2 or more UPI strikes, which will make it impossible for you to buy/bid on ebay for one full year.

Make sure you read what is expected of you as an EBAY member.  EBAY puts all the info right there to read...........It is up to each one of us to do so.

EBAY:

Many of the items on eBay are sold in an auction-style format where you can make bids. Bidding is a lot of fun, but remember that each bid you make is a binding contract to buy the item if you win. The same is true for Buy It Now purchases. Not paying for an item after you have agreed to buy it has some negative consequences, which are explained in our unpaid item policy.

Other Answers: 0