eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
ddbjs1979
Community Member

research on Bissman Furniture

Has anyone came upon anything marked with Bissman Furniture, Springfield, MO?...I have a Coffee table and two end tables, from an uncle's estate sale, and haven't been able to find out much about this company...The wood seems to be a walnut but in a medium stain(not that dark walnut color) and the set definitely has a mid century 50's flair...any help on finding more info?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: research on Bissman Furniture

in reply to ddbjs1979
Here is a good article on Carl Bissman:

http://www.uhnaspringfieldmo.com/carlbissman
Please use plain text.
ddbjs1979
Community Member

in reply to ddbjs1979
Thanks bunches Cornerstore88...some good information with that link...have to stop in Springfield on the way to Branson and try to find some of the homes C. Bissman designed...
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ddbjs1979
Hi,
I have an entire Bissman bedroom suite but have not found much info. (Other than the Carl Bissman article already noted).
I have found a few requests of people looking to buy it, so there is some interest out there. I am curious, as I'm sure you are, as to the value of these pieces. All I've found priced online is a buffet with a china cabinet on top for $800.
Please share any info you find!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ddbjs1979
I have a Carl Bissman dining table, 6 chairs, and a buffet from the year he died; I'm assuming these are some of the last pieces he ever created. I would like to sell them to someone who has interest in Carl Bissman or antique furniture. I also wasn't sure on pricing furniture like this- it is in great condition. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ddbjs1979

I would love to see photos of your dining set.

Please use plain text.
501gassman
Community Member

in reply to ddbjs1979
I have a bed room suit that is a bissman in good condition
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ddbjs1979
I love my Bissman walnut furniture. However we are downsizing and we must sell this lovely furniture that has been in my family since my childhood.
I have a dining table, six chairs, china over buffet and corner display chest.
I also have a double bed, chest of drawers, and kidney shaped fabulous desk.
Please let me know if anyone has interest in these pieces or info on pricing.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to norm-katr
Do you still have your Bissman furniture? If so, I would be interested in seeing photos and pricing. Thanks, Shanon
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to snmitch75

Hi Shanon,

I have a matching coffee table and two end tables, they do need to be refinished, but they are in otherwise excellent condition, not wobbly, no gouges, etc.  They are signed and dated 1954, May, I think.  If you are interested, I would be happy to send pictures and discuss pricing.  I have provided a photo of an end table so you can see the style.

BissmanIMG_1841.JPG
Please use plain text.