eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

spirit-of-shiloh
Community Member

OT~Haute Couture Runway used too much???????

[ Edited ]

OK,I guess I am on a RANT,but I see some sellers of unmarked costume jewelry with the title, Haute Couture Runway and stick a high price on it and they actually sell??? Am I just being too fussy???:womantongue: 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
flipping_treasures
Community Member

Re: OT~Haute Couture Runway used too much???????

in reply to spirit-of-shiloh

Hey, long time no see!  Good to see you here.  Fussy!?!?....No, I wouldn't say fussy.  You have been around long enough to know that catch phrases seem to go through eBay like grease through a duck.  Unfortunately, it has been my experiense that if you use those catch phrases when searching the results are generally the same.  :womanwink: :womanlol:

I speak my mind ... because it hurts to bite my tongue!

Please use plain text.
dream*peddler
Community Member

in reply to flipping_treasures

I completely agree with the overuse of those terms.  My pet peeve is the use of the word, "vintage," and then the auction states the item is brand new and there are 10 more available.  Although they can't list in that category, use of that word in the subject line, whether it's followed by "style," basically throws them into the vintage category for people like me who search using "vintage" as a key word.

Life is a beautiful struggle.
Please use plain text.
sktrsmw
Community Member

Yup,..this gets my goat as well,...the over-use of those terms. I know which sellers continually do this and I hit the back button when I see their name. They will use Haute Couture Runway in every single title,...no matter how puny the item is.

Please use plain text.
sktrsmw
Community Member

The primary offender has been using this tired old line for about 4 years running now in ALL her descriptions; "The items listed this week were all pulled for a Vogue shoot in Europe that maybe featured in issues of American or International Vogue."

Please use plain text.
sktrsmw
Community Member

I am thinking that I should get a coat hanger and wire Christmas ornaments to it and call it Haute Couture Runway. I am betting by the looks of it, that  a certain element of women that buy this  monstrosity-styled jewelry would bid on it.

Please use plain text.
spirit-of-shiloh
Community Member

in reply to flipping_treasures

Hey Sandy,I was on a mini vacation,LOL. My BIG mouth:smileysad:Yes I posted this as a rant as it makes me mad,but I got it off my chest.

Oh another beef is antique/vintage,LOL. I could go on and on. Good seeing ya.:heart:

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I just put that in as a search term and got a chuckle.  I didn't know Avon was "Haute Couture Runway."  LOL!

Please use plain text.