eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

aironthemountain-ksc
Community Member

LGL with Copyright Symbol - 10K Question

I know of a ring at a local merchant marked 10K LGL with the Copyright symbol beside the markings.

Of course LGL stands for Liquid Gold Lacquer. I am wondering, though, if a Copyright symbol normally follows such a marking.

LGL is aso a registered trademark for Leer Gem Ltd.

Would you think the ring to be solid 10k due to the Copyright symbol or would you think it to be Liquid Gold Lacquer?

Also, I know some will say it is easiest to just test the gold. The problem is that this is not allowed at the local merchant I would be purchasing it from.

Please use plain text.
glitzglamngold
Community Member

Re: LGL with Copyright Symbol - 10K Question

in reply to aironthemountain-ksc

I think lgl meaning liquid gold lacquer is a dubious definition at best.  I've seen that phrase on a couple answer sites, but know of no company that can verify the definition.  It is a made up term as far as I know.  That doesn't mean the ring is gold or not gold, just saying the definition of lgl meaning liquid gold lacquer is not verifiable other than showing up on a couple answer sites by who knows who wrote it....

What does the merchant say the item is, 10K or plated in some way?  If you purchase, have them verify what they think it is in writing, then have the metal tested.  Request the opportunity to return it if not what you are hoping for.

Brenda

Please use plain text.
aironthemountain-ksc
Community Member

Re: LGL with Copyright Symbol - 10K Question

in reply to aironthemountain-ksc

The merchant is not sure themselves whether it is plated or pure. Hopefully, I will be able to take a closer look tomorrow for myself and make a better determination.

From the way I heard it described, I think it is going to be real 10K gold. Plus, the ring is in the original Kay's Jewelers box which also has me leaning a bit more towards a pure 10k ring.

Thanks for the reply. Also, the best definition I have found for LGL is the lacquer one. If followed by the circled R, for registered, it is likely the jeweler I mentioned earlier. I just do not see a process having a registered mark. :-)

Please use plain text.