eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Accepted Solution
Is South Africa safe to ship to. If so, how do I include that country in my international shipping?

Hi, I receive interest in one of my items from someone in South Africa.  Is it safe to ship there, and how do I include this country in my international shippings?

Accepted Solution
fab_finds4u
Community Member
Answered
in reply to redefining-recycling

South Africa CAN be safe to ship to. I see nothing that would attract scammers like a laptop or a diamond ring.  Your items are fairly low cost and not the kind that attract criminals . Just be aware of red flags-like them asking you to ship it to their neice at a different address. Send it only to the PayPal address.  And make sure they don't send you a FAKE PayPal payment notification.  Go to your PayPal so see if the payment was really made. In order to receive their bid you would unblock them by going to the BLOCKED BUYER EXEMPTION LIST and add the buyers name there. It's not necessary to unblock the whole country. Find the blocked exemption list from the Site Map-Look near the top of the middle column once there.

Other Answers: 1
everything-from-trinkets-to-treasures
Community Member
Answered
in reply to redefining-recycling

It is just as safe as shipping anywhere else...just make sure you insure any international shipments

All you need to do is to offer world wide shipping and it is included unless you block it specifically.