eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
heavensclosetboutique
Community Member

simplicity 2348

does anyone know what fabric was used for the picture on the simplicity pattern 2348 child's dress and jacket?

TIA!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: simplicity 2348

in reply to heavensclosetboutique
Doesn't the pattern envelope have that information on the back?

You might want to post a picture and give the pattern's date. Pattern numbers are recycledr so unless more info is given no one will know if this is 2000's, 1980's, 1960's, 1940's.

Many of us probably don't have that pattern sitting around, but if we saw the picture...we could give an educated guess.
If one can not be a work of art, one should wear a work of art. -Oscar WIlde-
Please use plain text.
triyarn
Community Member

Doesn't the pattern envelope have that information on the back?

The envelopes usually show fabric suggestions, AFAIK it does not name the fabric used on the cover model.

Assuming that you are talking about the newest pattern with this number...I think we have this fabric at Hobby Lobby in our seasonal fabric but I'm not sure.

You could always email Simplicity and ask them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you tear out a man’s tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you are only telling the world that you fear what he might say.
Please use plain text.
heavensclosetboutique
Community Member

it won't let me copy and paste the picture but this is the link to the webpage

. http://www.simplicity.com/p-5256-childs-dress-jacket.aspx

I was thinking it was a version of the Delilah print for clothworks but could not find the exact one.

The back of the package (that you can see on the web page) doesn't give the fabric name, just suggests a pre quilted double sided cotton.

I have searched everywhere :smileyhappy: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cindy
Please use plain text.
Community Member

"Daisy Kingdom" possibly since that is mentioned on the pattern front. They do make fabric.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

well, they did. I think they went belly up or at least filed for bankruptcy.

Maybe Simplicity bought the rights to what's left of the company (name, etc.)?

Anyway, the cover also shows a 'Springs Creative' logo. Springs industries is another fabric maker (or converter) and likely the fabric is by them and available in large corporate fabric stores (like Hancock Fabrics and JoAnn Fabrics). Although I haven't seen it in our JoAnn's...

Please use plain text.
triyarn
Community Member

I checked today at work (Hobby Lobby) and sure enough we do have the fabric in our Fall section. It's going fast though and it's not reorderable.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you tear out a man’s tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you are only telling the world that you fear what he might say.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

does anyone know what fabric was used for the picture on the simplicity pattern 2348 child's dress and jacket?

TIA!

Usually with the daisy kingdom/simplicity patterns, They use Daisy kingdom fabric, Springs creative products group owns Daisy Kingdom these days. Might want to drop them a line and ask if you don't find anything doing a google search. Good Luck. Terry
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I am also looking for this fabric. My Joann's had a new display advertising this pattern, but they did not have the fabric. The manager said 'if' they got the fabric in, it should be soon.

I had been looking for fabric for Sim 2918, also a Daisy Kingdom/Springs Creative fabric. This pattern of a girl's dress and jacket had short sleeves so it was probably a spring/summer fabric. When I discovered the name of the fabric pattern (Crazy Medallion), I searched by the pattern name and finally found it on redeco.org for very reasonable prices.

Springs Creative is making these Daisy Kingdom fabrics for Simplicity but they are hard to find. No longer do you buy a pre-printed dress and sew it together. These are actual fabric yardage and of good quality. I am still searching for the fabric name for 2348. If I can find it, I will let you know.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Yes, I do! I found out that the pattern name is 'Secret Garden Flowers.' I found some fabric online at Hancocks website. I found all four fabrics but still need the dress fabric. Have fun! And check out your Hancock Fabrics store in your area. We don't have a store in North Dakota, thus the online purchase.
Please use plain text.
heavensclosetboutique
Community Member

thanks so much! I can't wait to get them!
Please use plain text.