eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

WWII pin-up nude photos

Can I list this package of small photos of totally nude female pin-ups on Military memorabilia. They are posed in outdoor settings, not suggestive, just nude and not at all like the stuff in "everything else". These are classic models in poses you would expect to see swim suits on them. Not what I would consider dirty pictures.
I can block out with scanner breast and genital area. Not close-ups anyway. Just classic 1940s vintage nudes.
If I really need to post listing in the mature adult section, I just won't list at all but don't want to lose my ebay registration. Thank you for your suggestions.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

WWII pin-up nude photos

in reply to nkhawes
I would list it in memorabilia, and describe them for what they are.

I would, however, somehow cover up the objectionable areas on a few of the cards that you photograph. Just cut out some paper "undergarments" and lay them on the cards and photograph them.

If you don't show anything objectionable and describe them for what they are and do not use obscene language, I doubt that anyone would report the listing.

And, I think even if someone did report and eBay police pulled the listing, they would not NARU you for a first offense.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

WWII pin-up nude photos

in reply to nkhawes
good ideas. thank you so much for your response.
Please use plain text.
kathrynscollectibles
Community Member

WWII pin-up nude photos

in reply to nkhawes
If you put the word nude in the title someone will report them. I had an auction for a Nude deck of cards from the 1950's, The nudes were covered for the photo, But someone reported them anyway.

Kathryn
“As a general rule, if you want to get at the truth — hear both sides and believe neither.” Josh Billings
Please use plain text.
bamaj1
Community Member

WWII pin-up nude photos

in reply to nkhawes
I'm missing something I guess. What makes you think these are military? Can you show some examples?
Please use plain text.
bamaj1
Community Member

WWII pin-up nude photos

in reply to nkhawes
I mean, why should they be listed in militaria?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

WWII pin-up nude photos

in reply to nkhawes
WWII because circulated in CBI, dated on original 2/7//45 Chan. China and classic 1940 vintage model and photographic modeling style. Documented who to and from with Capt. Col. names; additionally not "graphically nasty" like most of listings I reviewed in mature adult, the only other place to logically list on ebay. Thanks for asking. That hadn't occurred to me.
Please use plain text.
nr-notrare
Community Member

WWII pin-up nude photos

in reply to nkhawes
Hello,

There is a selling category for material like what you are describing....

Collectables > Photographic Images > Antique ( Pre-1940 )> Risque

For a SEMI-NUDE sample....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Collectable-Pin-up-Pre-1970-Two-Nude-Women_W0QQItemZ280021347572QQihZ018QQcategoryZ1507QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You won't need to block any part of the images.

Tom
nr-notrare
Please use plain text.
springfld.arsenal
Community Member

WWII pin-up nude photos

in reply to nkhawes
Post all the pictures here then I can give you proper advice.
*************** What follows is sig line*************
I collect fine cannon models, full-size antique cannons and artillery accouterments.
Please use plain text.
charmar10
Community Member

WWII pin-up nude photos

in reply to nkhawes
:^O

Geez, Spring............You made me spill my soda!!!!

*snort*

Charmar
Please use plain text.
nr-notrare
Community Member

WWII pin-up nude photos

in reply to nkhawes
When you saw the words.....RISQUE.....SEMI-NUDE.....TWO NUDE WOMEN.......what did you expect??? Dogs on velvet??? Elvis ??? a 56' Chevy ??? a pack of cigarettes ???......I mean really, what wasn't clear???
How's your blood pressure??

Tom
Please use plain text.