eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
jjathlone
Community Member

Made in Germany US Zone

Hi All,
I found this really neat bullet shaped sewing kit.
It looks to be blue enamel on the outside. When you take the top off there you find thread and a thimble. The rim says Made in Germany US Zone Art Gift.

The US Zone Germany>>> was one of the four zones Germany was divided into after World War II when it was occupied by the United States.

I have seen the Clavert kits,they were advertising whiskey I think.. I was wondering if this one would have been any different as there is no company name on it. Was it just something you could purchase and not spend alot of money on? Thanks for taking the time to look and any additional information you might have!Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic<<a href="http://tinypic.com" target="_blank">Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
renomarvinm
Community Member

Re: Made in Germany US Zone

in reply to jjathlone
I've had several "US Zone" items from time time. They're like "Made in Occupied Japan" items, only made in Germany. The Germans were trying to get their economy going again after hitler trashed their country, and they made lots of stuff. I've even seen one item marked, "Made in Occupied Austria."
Everything above this line is sponsored by Captain Zort!
I'm Captain Zort, and I don't know what he's talking about!!!!

-

(Bob in Eugene, WHERE IT RAINS A LOT!!!! Glug, Glug, Drip, Drip)
Please use plain text.
jjathlone
Community Member

in reply to jjathlone
Thanks for your reply! That makes sense and I appreciate you taking the time to respond.
Please use plain text.
messilane
Community Member

in reply to jjathlone
these little sewing kits are also known as an etui.
“Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Benjamin Franklin
Please use plain text.