eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Deals

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

gnome*trader
Community Member

OT - Need advise on what to do with unopened boxes of...

Soft contact lenses.

This item is prohibited from selling on ebay and I just don't want to throw them in the garbage.

My son just got lasik eye sugery and it was very successful. Now no need for the 4-unopened boxes of "Focus Dailies" One day contact lenses. There are 90 lenses in each box.

Any idea's on who we can donate these to?

They are prescription strength -6.00 and -6.50. They were purchased through another local eye doctor. (I do not want to just give these over to this doctor. This doctor nickel and dimed us for unnecessary work and I am just glad we will never have to see this eye doctor again).
When nothing goes right... Go LEFT<---
Annie
Community Member

Re: OT - Need advise on what to do with unopened boxes of...

in reply to gnome*trader
Yeah I have bad eyesight and use contacts andthe doctor is always trying to taje my hard earned money =(

You can't sell them on ebay and it would be hard to find someone who has the same prescription as your son, but you can try advertising on craigslist if you want =)
kristincp
Community Member

Re: OT - Need advise on what to do with unopened boxes of...

in reply to gnome*trader
I believe the Lion's Club has an eyeglass drive where people donate their old eyeglasses for the needy. I don't know if they would take contact lenses though. Look them up and ask them.

I have also heard of volunteer groups of doctors and dentists that go down into third world countries and provide medical and dental care. i.e Doctors Without Boarders, Operation Smile.....Perhaps there are similar groups of eye doctors who do that. Talk to the eye doctor and see if there are.

You could also try advertising on free local classified ads.

Please check out my movie reviews in the Reviews and Guides section!