eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Light Roots and Dark Ends

Hi, i was wondering if anyone knew how to prevent my hair from turning out light roots and gradually darker ends when i dye my hair.
This happens constantly and i'm not sure how to fix it.
any suggestions?
Please use plain text.
liveshopdie
Community Member

in reply to screamsofkandy
How about if you just concentrate on the roots and don't put too much on the ends?
Please use plain text.
midnight*raven
Community Member

I'm guessing you are lightening your hair? Your virgin hair (roots) will take the dye/bleach differently then your already dyed hair. I run across the same problem when I lighten my hair, but then again, I use a different color on my hair almost every time I do it.

Hopefully an expert can come along and give you advise.

I'm a fashion nightmare...and I love it.

Please use plain text.
dustyglam
Community Member

It's because the ends are more porous. Try using a neutral protien filler before coloring the next time. Also, a deep, intensive conditioning the day before coloring can help, and start with the new color on the roots and add to the ends during the last five min. or so. It happened to me a lot when I used to color. You can get a neutral protien filler at any beauty supply store. Be sure to get the neutral, there are others that enchance red/blue tones to cut down on brassiness that can alter the way the color turns on your hair. There are instructions on how to use on the bottle.
Please use plain text.