eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
Community Member

Leigh Valentine's - "FirmaLift"

Is anyone out there using this product? Please tell what you think of it.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to mmaples8524wtp
i really hate it when some of these scammers (trying to cash in on the billion dollar anti aging industry) invent some magical ingredient (like elastisome)and then remain entirely vauge about what Elastisome actually is...
I also couldn't find what the other other actual ingredients were on a simple Google search. Only vauge terms like "vitamin enriched".
I think that's a red flag. It just shouldn't be that difficult to find out what the actual ingredients are.
There are alot of good products out there that will atleast allow you to research them a little and not just throw out vauge terms and keyword hype.
I wouldn't even bother with this one if I were you.
Please use plain text.
dull*women*have*immaculate*homes
Community Member

What sound advice:smileyhappy:

I have a degree in Biology with a minor in chemistry, and have never, ever heard of "elastisome". I would agree that it is most likely some invented term in order to take you money.

I used aplha hydrox (4 oz of 8% AH you can buy in Walgreens for $5.99) nightly, and do a microderm abrasion twice weekly. I have noticed a huge improvement in my face (looks less tired).

You could try this. It is cheap, and I find it to be very effective.
Please use plain text.
jetscreameryouareadreamer
Community Member

Go to www.quackwatch.com and look under Infomercials.
Both Leigh and Mr. Trudeau are mentioned there.

Great site, by the way.
"They are imprudent: for they dash at their objectives without giving much heed to the risk of new abuses worse than the evils they hope to sweep away."
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I rarely beleve anything anymore. I saw the Valentine/Treudau informatiion last night. I knew in my heart of hearts it did not work, or everyone would look 29 years old. Give us all a break. I'm glad I checked this site because I am so tired of being ripped off.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Well, shame on me because I ordered some from Ebay.. and you know what.... it does work. It smooths the lines around my eyes and my whole face... great under makeup or alone with no makeup. No chalky residue, no peeling or flaking. I like it. I think it is a good product. No miracles just smoothes the lines somehow. I would and will buy it again. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

http://www.distinctionbeauty.com/ds_clinicals.asp

Here at the above site is some info on the active ingredients "elastisome" and the results of their studies. I am just a regular person and I can attest that the stuff DOES smooth facial lines. What can I say? I am very skeptical of products and claims but this one does work for me.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

What I have been successful with is doing a dermabrasion a couple ot times a week, followed by alpha hydrox that I got a WalGreens for $6.00. I put it on every night, and my face looks radiant. Sorta glows and doesn't have that tired look.

Drinking water really makes a difference, as does having good genetics.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Oops, just wanted to say that I don't think anyone was calling you names, etc., for trying anything. Not sure why you stated "Shame on me.............."

My mom buys some clinique night repair serum that she swears by. I think whatever works for someone is great.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I don't know what's in it, but I do know that it works. I've been using Distinction Firmalift and the Distinction Facelift kit for about a year now and my crow's feet and the wrinkles around my mouth are gone. I love this stuff and use it every day.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Dullwomen,

I'd love to know what dermabrasion you are using. I keep picking them up and putting them back down because I don't know which one to choose.

Thanks!
"They are imprudent: for they dash at their objectives without giving much heed to the risk of new abuses worse than the evils they hope to sweep away."
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Hi jets.....

I initially tried the Loreal dermabrasion set (one silver tube with the gritty stuff, and the other white tube with the "afterwards" moisturizer. I loved this product.

I then found a rotary "kit" in the discontinued bin at Meijers. It was a no-name brand. I used their "grit" with the rotary tool and was pleased.

Now what I am using is St. Ives apricut medicated scrub ($3.09 a tube) with the rotary tool.

If you want to try one, I'd go with the Loreal. You can just use your fingers to massage in the gritty stuff (just watch the eyes *youch*) for a few minutes and rinse well. Then follow with their mositurizer.

Let me know how it is working for you. My face really does look brighter and less drawn and tired.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Just FYI anewface sells Firmalift etc...
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Thanks Dull,
I will try that one.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

It's true....I do sell Distinction products. I've been using the products for about a year. I had alot of friends notice the a change in my skin and ask me what I was doing differently. When I told them about the Distinction line of skin care, they were like "You really love this stuff. You should sell it." Several of them wanted to try the products but didn't want to pay the $59.99 plus $10.00 s&h per kit. Not to mention the fact that it takes two weeks from the time you place your order to get your product. I started by giving the kits to friends and telling them to try the products for two weeks. If they liked the products, they could pay me for them. If they didn't like them, they didn't owe me anything. I have yet to have someone try any of the products and not like them. No skin care product is for everyone...that's why there are so many lines available. Distinction works for me. I love it and that's why I sell it.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

To those who can't find information on 'elastisome' and therefore think it's hype: if you created a blend of ingredients that made people look ten years younger, would you advertise those ingredients so anyone could recreate your product? Or would you group them, name them as a propietary blend, and list that name in your ingredients to keep your secret?

Quackwatch.com: The tiny paragraph written here about Firmalift is someone's opinion. There are no links to FTC warnings or fines regarding false claims as with many of the other products listed on quackwatch.com. What they had to say was pretty lame.

I haven't even purchased Firmalift yet but am going to because I won't discard the product based on someone's opinion who hasn't even tried it.

By the way, the best face mask I've ever tried and is AMAZING is Elysee Time Avenger Face Lifting Powder Masque. Search the net. Different places sell it. HSN used to carry it but they're shipping is slow. If Firmalift beats that, I'll be TRULY amazed. I'm 48 and people think I'm in my early thirties.

Do your research people and use your brain. Why doesn't everyone look younger? Maybe they're skeptical, maybe they beleive the negative comments, maybe they don't believe anything can work, maybe they don't care, maybe they were raised not to be vain, maybe they can't afford it, maybe they don't have access to the information, maybe they'd rather spend their money elsewhere, etc.

Have a great day!!!!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

redwillie. how many times do i have to tell you? use the emu oil. it is good for all parts of the body. top or bottom. you told me about it. that is why you are picking face up off of floor now. stick with the emu oil.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I found an ingredient list on another site:

Ingredients of Distinction Firmalift :
Stabilized Aloe Vera Gel, Elastisome (Butylene Glycol, Hydrocotyl Extract, Coneflower Extract), Rooibos Tea Extract, Glycereth - 26, Polysorbate 20, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Silk Amino Acids, Sodium Hyaluronate, Elastin, Collagen, Sodium PCA, Willowbark Extract, Nettle Extract, Arnica Extract, Chamomile Extract, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Allantoin, Panthenol, Essential Oils: (Lemongrass, Geranium, Clary Sage, Chamomile, & Violet Leaf), Tetrasodium EDTA, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E).

I haven't ordered it yet. The 7.95 sounds like a great price for a 30 day trial...C
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Plesse do NOT buy this product or any other product that contains these two ingredients: Methylparaben and Tetrasodium EDTA. Any ingredient that says "paraben" is bad! SO many conventional beauty products use EDTA or parabens. THe problem is that these are cancer causing carcinogens! They are POISON and clearly cause cancer in all lab studies done on them. How can they be sold then? Because beauty products are NOT regulated by the FDA. The FDA cannot tell any beauty company not to use a certain ingredient. And these companies know that the amount of parabens and EDTA they put in these products is not lethal in and of itself, but it is the fact that women put these chemicals on their skin day after day that causes the cancer. PLEASE don't put ANY parabens or EDTA on your skin! PLEASE red ingredients before purchasing beauty products. I use Burt's Bees products because they are paraben-free. Look for products that say "paraben-free" on the label. Even some "natural" products still use parabens. They are cancer in a bottle! Don't use them!!! And the best way to let these companies know we won't tolerate parabens is to write to them and let them know you refuse to buy cancer in a bottle! Demand they remove parabens and EDTA from their ingredients. The reason beauty products use parabens is because it's super cheap. Burt's Bees and other organic products use higher quality ingredients that don't cause cancer!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I want to try the product because I am starting to get some wrinkles on my forehead. I looked up Leigh Valentine's web site and I got a huge article about her taking out bankruptcy so I don't know.
Please use plain text.