eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

62_gt_hawk
Community Member

FYI: Afrin nasal spray & Migraines

My wife has had migraines for years, several a month. Also been using Afrin for years on a daily basis. Stopped using Afrin and has not had a migraine since. Interesting! We did not pay any attention to the flyer that came with the Afrin.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 62_gt_hawk
Thank you hawk for sharing that info. As a migraine sufferer myself I can imagine her relief. I'm curious now as to what ingredient in Afrin was responsible.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 62_gt_hawk
HMMM.. very interesting.

What is the ingredient or what does it have in it that causes migraines?

I get migraines too often. Have since I was a kid. As a result of the migraine headache, I get all stuffed up and can't breathe through my nose. The migraine affects my sinuses badly.

I do know that one presciption allergy spray that I was given gave me a severe migraine so I stopped using it after the first try.

I am sure your wife is one happy camper now that her migraines are gone.
Wish mine would disappear too.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 62_gt_hawk
Well, I looked it up. Usually just putting the product and MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) and the ingredients will pop up. First one I pulled up showed nothing at all. Next one ... "Oh, boy" bad stuff. Has strong BUTYL and di-methyl this 'n that.

Such products should cause the CFIDS type symptoms, congestion, etc

Phenol, 6-t-butyl-3-(2-imidazolin-2-ylmethyl)-2,4-dimethyl-, hydrochloride
Identifications
CAS Number: 2315-02-8
Synonyms/Related:
2,6-Dimethyl-2-(4-tertiarybutyl-3-hydroxyphenyl) methylimidazoline hydrochloride
2-(4-t-Butyl-2,6-dimethyl-3-hydroxybenzyl)-2-imidazolinium chloride
4-Way Nasal Spray
6-t-Butyl-3-(2-imidazolin-2-ylmethyl)-2,4-dimethylphenol hydrochloride
6-tert-Butyl-3-(2-imidazolin-2-ylmethyl)-2,4-dimethylphenol monohydrochloride
Afrazine
Afrazine (TN)
Afrin
Afrin (TN)
Afrin hydrochloride
Benzedrex Nasal Spray 12 Hour
D01022
Dristan Long Lasting Nasal Mist
Duration 12 Hour Nasal Spray
Duration Nasal Spray
H 990
LLiadin Mini Paediatric
Lliadine
MLS000038040
Nafrine hydrochloride
Nasivin
Nasivine
Neo-Synephrine 12 Hour
Neo-Synephrine 12 Hour NTZ
Neonabel
Nezeril
Nostrilla
Ocuclear
Operil
Oxymetazoline chloride
Oxymetazoline hydrochloride
Oxymetazoline hydrochloride (JAN/USP)
Oxymetazoline hydrochloride [USAN:JAN]
Phenol, 3-((4,5-dihydro-1H-imidazol-2-yl) methyl)-6-(1,1-dimethylethyl)-2,4-dimethyl-, monohydrochloride
Phenol, 6-t-butyl-3-(2-imidazolin-2-ylmethyl)-2,4-dimethyl-, hydrochloride
Rhinolitan
Sch 9384
SMR000059324
St. Joseph Nasal Spray for Children
Vicks Sinex

I noticed that a product for constipation actually causes diarrhea from the chemical that it is: Poly Ethylene Glycol to the #3350 - Sad news? Over the counter now. The pharmacist was a little mift that I said it was poison. Paint cans warn now of it causing Kidney damage and the lady who used to stir up colors in the paint store has had repeated pituitary brain tumors.

No, not me or anyone else in my family will use that product for 'constipation' which may actually be an autoimmune Locked bowel that such chemicals would cause.

So, do not believe everything you are told and be involved in your health care decisions.

My comment to a worker who was exposed to 2-butoxyethanol (page bottom) ... the chemical that causes migraines and a whole lot more. Congestion may be exposure to this chemical.

At the bottom of this page are also ways to find the fatigue that goes with 'the headaches'
Please use plain text.