eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

Do you have a fake CHI? Check this out.

Hey you'll,
Since this topic comes up all the time I can send you a PDF
photo of how to spot a fake CHI. I am a stylist (my other job), and one of my Professional hair sites sent this to me. I can't figure out how to save it into a photo and post it here but I'll keep working on it. If you want it then email me at redroosterhair@bellsouth.net and I'll send you the PDF file which explains fully the differences between an authentic CHI and a bootleg CHI.
Judy Photobucket
Photobucket

Judy@ApplianceCoverQueen
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to appliancecoverqueen
I'll save you some trouble, CHI Irons are private labeled. Sort of like when American Automakers put there label on a Japanese car and sell it as their own. There is a double called FHI. Most probably the same iron with a different label. We sell many flat irons in our salon and won't touch a CHI. There are several brands we sell that work just as well if not better. The reason? Value for our clients. For $65 to $80 you can get the job done just as well.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Folica dot com has REAL Chi's for $85 plus free shipping. Hai's are really good. If you have long hair I would recommend the Hai 2". I love mine.
Judy Photobucket
Photobucket

Judy@ApplianceCoverQueen
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Do you have a fake CHI? Check this out.

please send the pics to bonitaboriqua_6@hotmail.com
Please use plain text.
ebeautysalon
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I just wrote this guide, hopefully someone will find it helpful!

[url http://reviews.ebay.com/Determining-if-your-Chi-Flat-Iron-is-FAKE_W0QQugidZ10000000011204116]http://reviews.ebay.com/Determining-if-your-Chi-Flat-Iron-is-FAKE_W0QQugidZ10000000011204116[/url]

I went and bought a fake one so I could take pics of both the fake and real to compare them - it should be very easy for you to identify the fakes after reading this guide.

Cheers!
Please use plain text.
ebeautysalon
Community Member

By the way, CHI and FHI-Heat are completely different brands.
They each have their own manufacturing facilities, CHI is Made in China and FHI-Heat is Made in Korea.

To the best of my knowledge, CHI irons are not re-branded as any other brand.

Cheers!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Please send me a photo of the difference between fake and real chi email me at nonstopg27@yahoo.com.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Community Member

There is a typo in my post to you. My email is nonstopgo27@yahoo.com. It hard to see the difference in the last photo between fake and real. I don't see the screws you are talking about in the photo.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Will a fake CHI have all of these signs of being a fake? What if all signs point to authentic but the CHI label on the side shows slightly crooked? Is this one imperfection by itself a sure sign of being a fake? Thanks. Please send reply to: ChrissySells2You4Less@gmail.com
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Can you tell me if this means the item is fake? A CHI which the box says manufactured in Korea for Farouk Systems on the bottom of the retail box but the Iron itself has a Made in China impression. Thanks. Chrissy
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Now I am even more confused than before. In this people are saying that the Forouk CHI hair straighteners are either made in Korea or China. I went to CHIreail.com CHI's authentic real website and they are only made in the USA so who is really selling authentic CHI products on ebay that are made by Forouk CHI for Forouk CHI in the USA???????
Please use plain text.
Community Member

well i have seen the fake and i have a real. the real balck chi is more of a dark grey. It also comes with color catalog and a warranty insert. In addition the chi symbol on the chi should be straight..on the fake its slightly turned. Also look at the plugs. if its a sqare plug with red an whit push ins..its real. The tie down for the cord is mad of velcro on th real chi and on the fake its a simple plug in with twisty ties. The fake chi is a darker black..whenre the real chi si more of a dark charcoal color. The box is a dead give away. on The Farook one..it will say made in china after the houston address ( go Figure)
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Mine was made in Koea, and it has no velcro on the cord or colorful instructions, but everything else is looking good/real according to this manual

http://reviews.ebay.com/Determining-if-your-Chi-Flat-Iron-is-FAKE_W0QQugidZ10000000011204116

Does it mean I have a fake one or real? Couldn't they change something after a time?
Please use plain text.