eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Deals

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

m249m4a1
Community Member

Counterfeit Sensa

Hi everyone.

Today eBay sent me a message saying the Sensa products I'm selling are counterfeit. I can prove they are GENUINE -- I have the original order receipts + took pictures of the LOT#, EXP for the auction. VeRO or whatever claims I've infringed on their copyright.

I've only used 1 of the 2 factory sealed shakers so I was selling the other one for a bit of cash (this thing isn't cheap!)

What I wanted to know is if anyone was hit with the same stupid accusation as me and what I could do about this?

Thanks
M249-M4A1
wildfragrancecompany
Community Member

Re: Counterfeit Sensa

in reply to m249m4a1
Sensa does not allow their products to be sold on auction sites so this is prolly the real reason for the shut down. Ebay made an agreement with Intelligent Beauty, not to sell their products.
I would not try to sell that stuff here or you could be suspended like many other sellers, or shut down permanently.
charmlinda
Community Member

in reply to m249m4a1
I have dealt with ebay Vero issues like this in ths past. Been a while. Knock on wood!!

Nothing you can do if the manufacturer does not want their products on ebay.

We have won some Vero issues and lost some. This one can not be won.

The whole ebay issue of your guilty till you prove otherwise is total BS, but nothing can be done about it. Just the nature of this ugly beast called EBAY!

If ebay had to answer to DSR's they would have been suspended LONG ago!
Michael J...

If you're talking, you're not listening....If you're not listening, you're not learning.
m249m4a1
Community Member

in reply to m249m4a1
Ugh, that is completely stupid.

As a consumer who legitimately purchased their product, don't I have rights to protect what I do with it?

I technically own the product, and I am in no way, shape, or form de-facing or damaging their product, or even hurting the company's reputation.

There's got to be a way around this, beacuse "not wanting someone to sell their product on an auction website" is not grounds for giving me a policy violation, and furthermore this policy violating is not explicitly stated on eBay's list of policy's. Why not get a warning first instead of smacking me in the damn face with this crap?

I don't care what I have to do, I have all the time in the world and I want to try and fight this. There's no reason for this.
M249-M4A1
wildfragrancecompany
Community Member

in reply to m249m4a1
Well, with a popular product like that there is no reason not to try and sell it at the other sites.
charmlinda
Community Member

in reply to m249m4a1
As a consumer who legitimately purchased their product, don't I have rights to protect what I do with it?

Yes, and if the VERO report claimed you did not have right to sell it under that violation you could appeal.

Google: Tabberone, ebay, copyright (they set the standard by suing ebay and the MLB and others .......and they won!)

But the copyright violation does not allow an appeal. So all the VERO scumbags use that now.

We just had an VERO pull on a medical product we sell on another ID. Used my own pictures and description. Ebay does not care.

I think it was a competitor that reported? I dont know. Other similar products I have listed with same picture and description were not pulled. Go figure.

Problem is ebay does not care. Yes, at ANY MOMENT ebay can just shut you down for no reason. Thats why I stress multiple selling ID's. Multiple products. Multiple selling venues. Multiple streams of income.

Or it can just be ended at the push of a button and you have to start over!

Knowing this in advance will allow you to be prepared...just in case!
Michael J...

If you're talking, you're not listening....If you're not listening, you're not learning.
Community Member

in reply to m249m4a1
I came here because I recently had a VERO incident with Sensa and Intelligent Beauty. It is very frustrating and I appreciated your comments and insights. I am curious to know why you say this one cannot be won. I was considering pursuing it further, but I am fairly new to eBay and I would appreciate any more insights you have into the situation with this particular product. thanks!
mshaversham
Community Member

in reply to m249m4a1
Hi, I don't know if you can win this one or not...I've had issues like this myself with makeup brands, and know how frustrating and senseless it can be. But if you want to try to fight it, step one is to contact the VERO owner. You should have been given their contact info in ebay's email when they pulled the listing. Send them a polite email referencing your listing, stating that you have receipts for the purchase of the product and that you used your own photo and description text (you did, right?), and asking in what way you have violated their rights. If you don't get a reply, after a week, send a second email. If they still don't reply, then you can contact ebay by phone, and ask that they have their people facilitate communications between you and the VERO company, and go from there. I don't know if this is true for you, but in my own situation, the most important thing for me was to get the policy violation removed. I've been told by ebay that the ONLY way to have a policy violation removed in a VERO case is if the VERO member contacts ebay and says that they made a mistake. Good luck getting them to do this! I was able to wear down the VERO company in one of my own cases, and I'm working on a second one that recently happened. You said you have the time, and it WILL take time, so if you decide to fight it, you're going to have to be patient...and kudos to you for not giving up without a fight. If EVERY seller this happened to fought back EVERY time and refused to back down, it would become so labor intensive for ebay to deal with, they'd have to make some policy changes eventually....at least, that's what I believe. Good luck!
Community Member

in reply to m249m4a1

Same thing happened to my friend. They had receipts for purchase of it from ShopNBC or somewhere and asked the Vero contact if they were saying that SHOPNBC was selling counterfeits. Of course they (sensa people) were not willing to take on that Sleeping Giant, so never replied after that. Ebay wouldn't get involved. The Vero contact is supposed to be able to prove that the item isn't allowed to be sold. With the Sensa, the Vero people just seem to say it's counterfeit and then don't respond again. It is BS and i can't believe ebay allows retail places (or whatever the Vero contact for Sensa is) to just shut down whole product resales. If someone purchases something for personal use, they should be allowed to resell on ebay as long as it is allowed by ebay standards. But the Vero thing seems to infringe on that right, and then punishes the sellers, on top of it, with a selling infraction claim. It is total BS, but I guess Sensa realizes no one is going to be a repeat customer of their product so they need to get all the money they can on first time sales.  

Community Member

in reply to m249m4a1

I came here because I recently had a VERO incident with Sensa and Intelligent Beauty. It is very frustrating and I appreciated your comments and insights. I am curious to know why you say this one cannot be won. I was considering pursuing it further, but I am fairly new to eBay and I would appreciate any more insights you have into the situation with this particular product. thanks!

ebay is caught in the middle here between you and Intelligent Beauty. You can't win this one unless you have more money to spend on lawyers than Intelligent Beauty.

All know the way, but few follow it.
Community Member

in reply to m249m4a1

Yesterday, 12/5/2011, my Sensa ads were also pulled. They basically called me a thief and I don't like it. How can 72 other current listings for the same product be valid but not mine? My rights are violated by singling me out. Go to the advanced listings of sold products and there are numerous Sensa products that have sold.  If they pull one they should pull all otherwise they should be accused of discrimination!

Community Member

in reply to m249m4a1

I got my sales of Sensa pulled as well. I had receipts from ShopNBC, where I purchased it, but Vero didn't care. Then I see lots of people who are still able to sell it. So unless I do Craig's List (which I don't want to have to meet people in person), I'm stuck with it. Doesn't seem fair!

Community Member

in reply to m249m4a1

tell me if you solved the problem with their products sensa weight loss
with vero program. that is happening to me the same. I hope I can help. thanks

Community Member

in reply to m249m4a1

my supplements were pulled they were listed seperatly from the shakers which were allowed to stay up. Called the supplements counterfiet even though they all came in the same package FROM the makers of SENSA......Policy violation.

Community Member

in reply to m249m4a1

Here is their deal. First we have an approved supplier who granted us use of their text and pictures.

Intelligent Beauty LLC first pulled the listing for using copyright pictures. OK, changed the pictures to in-house art [even with permission from our supplier, we didn't use it]

Intelligent Beauty LLC then pulled the listing for using copyright text. OK, changed the text to in-house description

Intelligent Beauty LLC then pulled the listing for using copyright text AGAIN...

Oh and we emailed them as allowed by ebay and they essentially said we could not sell their products on line.

After relisting with in house art and NO description...

Intelligent Beauty LLC claimed counterfeit products

You can appeal through ebay and are getting ready to do just that.

http://www.citmedialaw.org/legal-guide/responding-dmca-takedown-notice-targeting-your-content

this link will take you to legal advice on the pros and cons of appealing. This link is provided by ebay.

In addition, you can navigate to http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/programs-vero-ov.html on ebay and file a counter claim

Click Here >> I think the rights owner made a mistake in reporting my listing

Haven't been there yet. Waiting on a response from Intelligent Beauty LLC.

They seem to be pretty good at intimidation but they are breaking the law making false claims and someone will get in their face over it.

Community Member

in reply to m249m4a1

I had my sensa auctions pulled also.  I legit bought sensa at one of the major clubs.  Wrote vero. apologized for not getting permission.  Asked for permission, and sent copy of my receipt where i purchased the item. 

They answered that it was counterfit.  I wrote again, re-sent everything and they wrote back saying, "our decision stands."

Totally unfair, as there are others selling exactly the same product  - picture of the box is the same.  Suspend all or suspend none....

What do i do now ?

Community Member

in reply to m249m4a1

Dear Sensa sellers,

Contact your state attorney's office and see what they can do,maybe Intelligiant Beauty LLC will respond to them i will contact mine on monday,since i have sdent them many emails and got no response. Maybe they will be pulled from doing business in Georgia or even your own state. Consumer protection office an give you the attorney office number