eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
Community Member

Wholesale Fabric suppliers

Anyone had any luck in getting fabric wholesale? I use tons of the stuff as I'm sure many of you do and I'm getting tired of the weekly trek to the fabric shop to buy.

I'd rather buy by just picking up the phone and ordering and I'd also like it to be at wholesale prices.

If anyone is getting their yard goods wholesale please share how you were able to get it wholesale. Seems like a lot of manufacturers are reluctant to deal with a buyer unless they have a B&M. Thanks
Photobucket
Primitive Folk Art &
Historical reproductions
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ooak_handcrafts
I buy wholesale all the time.

You can find them through the internet or shows. Also when you get your resale license sometimes the wholesalers will contact you.

You will have to buy a certain amount of fabric , if not bolts. With most wholesalers you have to buy x amount of fabric and that can be hundreds if not thousands of dollars.
Please use plain text.
threadedtogether
Community Member

There are quite a few wholesalers who sell the end-of-season bolts on the cheap, too. If you don't need the latest & greatest, look into some of them as well. All will require that you have a resale license/tax I.D., and there are those who only sell to B&M's like you mentioned. Most will sell to you with a large enough minimum order.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Checkerdist.com
You need a resale licence to sign up to view their web prices. You have to spend $250 for the opening order, $150 min/order after that, and you have to buy $1000/rolling year.
I thought that was a lot until I looked at how much I was spending at the fabric store! Well over $1000 a year!!!!

They also have cut collections you can get which are bolt ends and usually run in 5 yard pieces if you don't want to buy by the bolt (usually 15 yds). I buy by the bolt and sell my excess.

They also have lots of notions. Pretty much anything you can find in the fabric store plus tons more. and they only sell to small stores, never to the big chains, so you have unique fabrics.

You can also try UnitedNotions.com I am not sure what their minimum is for mail ordering, but if you are in the DFW area, you can go shop their warehouse. You actually take a shopping cart through the aisles of the warehouse. It is cool! It is $150 min to shop in the warehouse. They are having a big warehouse sale this month with sale fabrics from $1 - $3 per yard.
They sell Moda fabric and all the notions also. Most fabrics are about $4/ yd by the bolt.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I don't have a B & M. If you are making your own stuff you would be a manufacturer according to their categories. I even had a sales rep come visit me at my house with fabric samples from Checker. They are very good to work with. She said she had a lot of customers that worked from their home.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Thank you voodookitten - really great info. As an aside anyone who makes children's items might want to check out this thread.

It has to do with the new mandatory testing for lead content in children's products that will become law Feb 10th.

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jspa?threadID=510062019&tstart=0&mod=1231612992889 @-->--->----

Primitive Folk Art &
Historical reproductions
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Wholesale Fabric suppliers

Choice Fabrics in Tennessee (I think) has no set minimum order, and I purchase one bolt at a time. Brand names, usually end of season stuff, great prices, etc. I"m happy with them!

Search their name, and you'll find their site.

They do require a retail license/tax ID, and ifyou want to see prices first, simply make a log in. You can fill up your cart, just can't order til the necessary info is in.

Ang

Sunny Patch Cottage Scrubs
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, lean not unto thine own understandings. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Wholesale Fabric suppliers

Hi,

We carry a wide variety of fabrics for wholesale, you can see what we have on our website thefabricexchange.com and click on the menu on the left "Wholesale (by the roll)" our proces are very competitive, especially in the wholesale section.

5100004091_Fabrixlogo250toprated.jpg
Please use plain text.