eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Happy Kwanza

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

what does AK mean on a 14kt gold bracelet

I have a 14kt gold bracelet I'm selling and I wanted to know what AK means.Its ingraved beside the 14kt.
Community Member

Re: what does AK mean on a 14kt gold bracelet

in reply to mommyamanda80
Mgfr.'s stamp.
Yes,this is a posting id,I have been selling on Ebay for fifteen years!
Community Member

By the way, your tos stating that you dont take returns means absolutely nothing if the buyer pays with Paypal, PP says you do take returns. Thats a real turn off for any prospective bidders.
Community Member

You also are very responsible if the buyer does not purchase insurance and the item is lost or damaged in shipment. Paypal will refund the buyer in a heartbeat,insurance is to protect you, not your buyer, PP is the buyers insurance.
Community Member

Hi Mommy
Here in Switzerland the AKstands for Armin Kurz one of the top jewelry sellers. The only problem is he usually only works in 18k gold. Is it possible to post a picture? I can then compare with the stamp on one of the several Kurz items that I own. Hope this helps. Have a great day! European18ktgoldjewelery
Community Member

my understanding is that AK is Turkish mark for Gold plated.
bestgoldshop
Community Member

AK is the manufacturer's stamp, and it stands for Atasay Kuyumculuk, one of the leading jewelry manufacturers in Turkey. It has nothing to do with gold plating.
elias11
Community Member

AK is the manufacturer's stamp, and it stands for Atasay Kuyumculuk, one of the leading jewelry manufacturers in Turkey. It has nothing to do with gold plating.

That is correct.. This company has exported tons of 14 karat gold jewelry to the US in the recent past. Usually, the stamp is "AK Turkey 14Kt", not necessarily in that order.