cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sterling marked 925K mark? Thanks so much for any help.

Enthusiast

Sterling marked 925K mark? Thanks so much for any help.

Hi I have a necklace marked 925K, tried to research but not coming up with anything definate, just other marks. Any idea why the K mark after the 925? Thanks so much for your help.
6 REPLIES
Trailblazer

Re: Sterling marked 925K mark? Thanks so much for any help.

in reply to
Pics of the item and the mark are needed to even make a guess.
Enthusiast

in reply to
Thanks Lexy
Will post in a few just got back. Thanks.
Enthusiast

in reply to

THe Mark is exactly 925K.  Why would you need to sse it?

Rockstar

in reply to

To the above poster, what the OP was confused about is the K after the 925.  The K is usually used only on gold jewelry.

Confused me too, so I did a search.  Now I am more confused.  Got so many different answers.

From what I can see, the 925 K is used alot on handmade jewelry.  Found a few sites selling it.  But I found a couple referring to it as silver dipped in gold, so I am not positive.  But I am seeing that hallmark, so it does exist.  Found a few pieces on (b)etsy.

Pictures of the OP's piece with a clear one of the hallmark will enable one of us to give them a more definitive answer.

Enthusiast

in reply to

I have a sterling ring with onyx and mother of pearl with 925K and it really looks like Kabana style.

Trailblazer

in reply to

moonlitmarina wrote:

I have a sterling ring with onyx and mother of pearl with 925K and it really looks like Kabana style.

It might be better if you start your own post, this original post is almost 4 years old.