Please help identify Markings

Adventurer

Please help identify Markings

Is it 18K white gold?

11 REPLIES
Rockstar

Re: Please help identify Markings

in reply to

I am finding similar markings where the F means filled as in 18K gold filled.  I was also thinking manufacturers mark, but there would be a space between the K AND F.  What is the mark before the 18?

Where did you buy it as I am not positive in my response.

Adventurer

[ Edited ]
in reply to

The mark before the 18KF looks like a F.  The ring was not purchased but came to me years ago from a great aunt.

I have found conflicting information regarding the "F" both that indicate it could mean Filled or a makers mark and both indicating that 18K wouldnt be used for filled and that space would mean something. 

I am perplexed.

Adventurer

in reply to

I suppose I should show a pic of the full ring for consideration.

Rockstar

in reply to

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Fine-Jewelry-Gems-Precious/14KF-Marking-What-does-it-mean/td-p/2087139

Also came across this thread.  Someone had the same mark and had it checked.  She was told that a triangle and F was the mark for Friedman's.  That is why I asked what the other mark is.

Hopefully others will stop by and confirm, but the safest bet is to have the ring looked at by a jeweler.

Trailblazer

in reply to
I agree with Emerald, the only way to know for sure what you have, is to have it tested.
Rising Star

in reply to

In 29+ years of jewelry repair I've never seen a cameo that looks like yours. My guess is that it was a custom made likeness of someone...not an inexpensive task to say the least.  If you're going to spend seveal hundred dollars for the cameo, do you cheap out on the ring? I think not.. But as recomended, the gold test will be conclusive.

Adventurer

in reply to

Thank you for taking the time to respond. 

I suppose a trip to the jeweler is in order. 

Adventurer

in reply to

Acid test proved 18K - Yeah!

Now, anybody know the age or how to appraise?

Adventurer

Cameo Ring - Can anyone provide their expertise?

in reply to

I've had a jeweler confirm that it's real 18K white gold.

Anybody care to take a stab at the value? Also, what do you think about year made?

Re: Cameo Ring - Can anyone provide their expertise?

in reply to

Nobody can guess at the value, check out completed auctions in advanced search for 18 kt white gold cameo ring..looks very vintage.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Adventurer

Re: Cameo Ring - Can anyone provide their expertise?

in reply to

Thanks but I've already done that as a seasoned e-bayer would.

I'm not expecting an accurate appraisal, just opinions since I have no frame of reference.

Thanks for yours.  I appreciate it.