eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Deals

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

I Need help on hallmark <M> m inside diamond shape 14k gold w pearls

I Need help on hallmark m inside diamond shape 14k gold w pearls I've seen several pieces like this.. some say mikimoto but mikimoto is an M inside shell shape... this is a little different... here is an example of a pc I'm watching.. Item number: 270385447546 thank you for your time.. Sincerely Lisa
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: I Need help on hallmark <M> m inside diamond shape 14k gold w pearls

in reply to rarefindings2004
http://reviews.ebay.com/Mikimoto-Guide-to-Identify-and-Buy-Mikimoto-Pearls_W0QQugidZ10000000002102630

Clasp: The Mikimoto clasp is engraved with the Mikimoto trademark, an outline of an Akoya oyster with the letter M inside. Also commonly referred to as the "M" in a clamshell or oystershell. Only Mikimoto uses this specific hallmark and has done so since they were first produced. No other marks have been used so be sure to look for this specific hallmark when purchasing Mikimoto pearl jewelry.

Source: Mikimoto America, brochures and personal interviews conducted with Mikimoto staff.
-----------------------------------------------
this is from the ebay buying guide - my miki pearls have the clasp with the clamshell - but my miki bracelet has a ball clasp with the word mikimoto because it is part of the breast cancer collection - so i am not sure about their statement that no other marks have been used. i have found the website pearl-guide to be extremely helpful in identifying miki pearls and fake miki's.

[url http://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/pearls-ebay-q/][/url]
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I have a feeling that it's Maruwa Pearls. I have one like it too and they are quite beautiful. JAL sells them.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Also, not Mikimoto.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Are pearls from Maruwa Company worth anything- I have a brooch with what look to be black pearls- can not find any info on Maruwa company?
Please use plain text.
allopapallo
Community Member

please check here on the board, three years ago someone asked the same question with maruwa vs mikimoto ;-)

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/topic/Fine-Jewelry-Gems/Help-With-Some/2000365914&start=15

Daniel
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: I Need help on hallmark m inside diamond shape 14k gold w pearls

I am looking at a 14K gold diamond ring that also has the "M", inside of a diamond shape.

what does that mean?

Please use plain text.
volemus
Community Member

Re: I Need help on hallmark m inside diamond shape 14k gold w pearls

Hello dear;

Please start a "New Topic" for this, because...well, this post is 4 years old....

;-)

Please use plain text.