eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

How much 18K gold ring worth 2.32 grams Made in Italy antique signed

I have an 18K gold wedding ring that belonged to my sister's husband and was given to him by his father in Italy. Inside it says 750 and the jewelers initials which is what I think they used to do way back when? I was going to make it part of a listing with two vintage signed brooches and thought to start the listing at just the value of the ring on auction. Is that a good idea? I also have some other gold jewelry made in Italy 18K from Tiffany and Co and I have a written appraisal from a jeweler on everything and was wondering if it is a good idea to start the auction at 50% the value and see where it goes on the necklace and gold and diamond earrings. The appraisal was for insurance purposes. Thank you in advance!

5200089731_1 jewelry gram.jpg
5200089732_1 jewelry 6a.jpg
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: How much 18K gold ring worth 2.32 grams Made in Italy antique signed

in reply to dreams_of_italy

5200089733_earrings1.jpg
5200089734_1 nckalce 1.jpg
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I've learned it's better to sell gold and silver to a pawn shop for the value of the metal than try to sell it here on ebay.  I just sold a scratched up sterling bowl to a local pawn dealer yesterday for $120.00.  The week before I sold a sterling salt/pepper shaker set to the same dealer foir $32.00.  The shaker set was bringing $9.99 on ebay.  As saturated as jewelry is on ebay the chances of selling at all is pretty slim.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

I did well selling scrap gold here..no problems.

Yes,this is a posting id,I have been selling on Ebay for fifteen years!
Please use plain text.
adkhighker
Community Member

If your 18k ring is 2.32 grams, you should end up with somewhere between $60 and $70 in your pocket, after ebay fees are taken out. If you deal with a pawnbroker, probably about half of that.

I don't scrap gold on ebay anymore because I have better outlets (but not all that much better), but I've always done well with it when selling it here in the past. If you sell it on ebay, you should do considerably better than if you deal with any of the local buyers in your area. 

Please use plain text.
adkhighker
Community Member

I need to add that the prices in my post are relevant to the current price of gold, which is hovering around $1450/ozt. Hopefully by the time you sell your jewelry, the price will be higher. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.