cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AC 14k Pendant

Trailblazer

AC 14k Pendant

I aquired some 14k gold chains at an estate sale and one had a pendant attached that is stamped AC 14K on the back.

Could someone be kind enough to tell me what this means.

Thank you, Fred.
5 REPLIES

Re: AC 14k Pendant

in reply to
AC is probably just a mgfr's stamp, but be careful if you are going to sell them here, they need to be tested, many chains have fake gold hallmarks, especially the ones stamped Italy.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Thrill-Seeker

in reply to
It is something concerning many firms here in Italy, as Italy is a main exporter of gold/silver items to the US, and of many fashion brands (gucci, valentino, armani, prada, D&G, cavalli, fendi, etc).
Many chinese sellers simply copy the hallmarks and the brands and place it on fake items that are not gold/silver/silk etc. and then sell them as the original thing.
A good rule is to avoid asian sellers on ebay, and to remember that none will sell a 1000$ gold chain for 1$.
When I buy from the US ebay, I buy only from US sellers.

Daniel
Enthusiast

in reply to

AC is probably just a mgfr's stamp, but be careful if you are going to sell them here, they need to be tested, many chains have fake gold hallmarks, especially the ones stamped Italy.

Hi I recently came across a fendi necklace marked fendi roma italy 1925 with cameo of two soldiers on hang tag. Could this be real thing or is it a knock  off. I would like to sell it but only if the real deal. Thanks to anyone with advice.

Enthusiast

Re: fendi necklace

in reply to

Hi I recently came across a fendi necklace marked fendi roma italy 1925 with cameo of two soldiers on hang tag. Could this be real thing or is it a knock  off. I would like to sell it but only if the real deal. Thanks to anyone with advice.

[/quote]

Explorer

in reply to

The initials are themakers mark and the 14kt is for gold but as others have said, beware.  I am far more leery of chains stamped Mexico.  Makes sure all of the jump rings are soldered shut and if in doubt take to local pawn shop and have them tested.