eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
fred5783
Community Member

AC 14k Pendant

I aquired some 14k gold chains at an estate sale and one had a pendant attached that is stamped AC 14K on the back.

Could someone be kind enough to tell me what this means.

Thank you, Fred.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: AC 14k Pendant

in reply to fred5783
AC is probably just a mgfr's stamp, but be careful if you are going to sell them here, they need to be tested, many chains have fake gold hallmarks, especially the ones stamped Italy.
DEE
Please use plain text.
allopapallo
Community Member

in reply to fred5783
It is something concerning many firms here in Italy, as Italy is a main exporter of gold/silver items to the US, and of many fashion brands (gucci, valentino, armani, prada, D&G, cavalli, fendi, etc).
Many chinese sellers simply copy the hallmarks and the brands and place it on fake items that are not gold/silver/silk etc. and then sell them as the original thing.
A good rule is to avoid asian sellers on ebay, and to remember that none will sell a 1000$ gold chain for 1$.
When I buy from the US ebay, I buy only from US sellers.

Daniel
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to fred5783

AC is probably just a mgfr's stamp, but be careful if you are going to sell them here, they need to be tested, many chains have fake gold hallmarks, especially the ones stamped Italy.

Hi I recently came across a fendi necklace marked fendi roma italy 1925 with cameo of two soldiers on hang tag. Could this be real thing or is it a knock  off. I would like to sell it but only if the real deal. Thanks to anyone with advice.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: fendi necklace

in reply to fred5783

Hi I recently came across a fendi necklace marked fendi roma italy 1925 with cameo of two soldiers on hang tag. Could this be real thing or is it a knock  off. I would like to sell it but only if the real deal. Thanks to anyone with advice.

[/quote]

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to fred5783

The initials are themakers mark and the 14kt is for gold but as others have said, beware.  I am far more leery of chains stamped Mexico.  Makes sure all of the jump rings are soldered shut and if in doubt take to local pawn shop and have them tested.

Please use plain text.