eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
ch53delta
Community Member
why can't i leave a negative feedback?

I guess as long as ebay get their money , they don't care if we get ours. So the non payers and non shippers could get a free item & free money.

Other Answers: 5
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ch53delta

Why would you ship an item before you verified through PAYPAL that you received full, cleared payment?  EBAY does NOT expect you to do anything differently.

NEVER, ship an item until you are paid.

May 2008:  That is when EBAY made it impossible for buyers to receive anything but positive feedback.  And if you leave NEGATIVE comments, in a positive only field that will get removed, and you will get a policy violation for having left it.

Knowledge:  What all sellers need in order to become successful on EBAY.  We do this by READING all about selling, about how to protect ourselves and how to use the tools that EBAY gives all of us.

Links that you need to read & use:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

Opening the UPI does NOT mean they will pay.  They may take the "strike" EBAY gives, but lets just hope they are honest.

leesballcaps
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ch53delta

Yep, if you say so.

However, when someone doesn't pay me I let eBay know by filing an unpaid item complaint so that eBay can put a strike on their account. Now that sounds like it isn't serious but if just two sellers do this to a person that person will not be able to bid or buy or interrupt the listing of anyone who read enough policy to know to set their blocks to reject these people. Not being able to bid or buy is much worse than a negative feedback line.

Oh, and eBay will give me a credit for the fee taken on that so called sale and I can then relist it.

Likewise, I use eBay policy against anyone who chooses not to ship after I have selected and paid for an item. Never heard a viable excuse not to ship yet.

Or, I guess I could have just sat back and felt sorry for myself like you.

The opinion given here is my understanding of the policies I have read, and personal experiences on eBay. You paid nothing, feel free to value it based on that price if you wish.
mrsmtn
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ch53delta

Are you aware of ANY of the procedures and safeguards against those things?

* filing unpaid item disputes, issuing nonpayment strikes

* automatically blocking buyers with nonpayment strikes

* availing yourself of Buyer Protection

You CAN leave negative feedback for sellers who fail to fulfill their obligations.

johnsattic
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ch53delta

Of course eBay cares if you get your money, how long do you think they could stay in business if they didn't help in every way they can.

But there isn't much they can do for people who refuse to read the instructions and follow the proper procedures.

Five years ago eBay realized the feedback system wasn't working properly for buyers so they fixed it by effectively doing away with buyer feedback though I doubt that was their intention.

They replaced negative feedback for buyers with a far more effective system called the unpaid item dispute. You can easily learn all there is to know about it just by typing unpaid item dispute into the search box that pops up when you click on the customer support tab on the upper right side of almost every ebay page.

The result is this: two unpaid item disputes can be used to block a nonpaying bidder by any and all sellers, far more effective than a thousand negative feedbacks.

Wish my fingers would pay closer attention to what I spell correctly.
maggie_kai
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ch53delta

... So the non payers and non shippers could get a free item & free money ...

Non payers - file the unpaid item report after 4 days from end of auction.

Close it four days later if payment is still not received.

Buyer gets unpaid item strike.  Two of those in 12 months and they will be blocked from even BIDDING on most sellers auctions.  (Make sure you have your preferences set to block them).

* Sellers can not leave negative feedback for buyers.

Non shippers - you file the item not received report.

* Buyers can leave negative feedback for sellers that do not ship.