eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
christinedegore-hong2
Community Member
how do i change feedback from positive to negative. I need the steps when I am leaving feedback

need to know how to change feedback from positive to negative

Other Answers: 6
glenda
Community Member
Answered
in reply to christinedegore-hong2

Hi christinedegore-hong2

(a) Sellers are not allowed to leave negative or neutral feedback for their buyers.

(b) Sellers are not allowed to leave negative-sounding comments under a positive rating.

(c) Never curse at a buyer, as it almost always guarantees you'll get a neg.

(d) If the refund had gone well, you could have sent the buyer a formal Request to Cancel Transaction to get your final value fee credited back to your account.  You can still try that (it's an option in the Resolution Center), but if the buyer knows you won't get it back if they decline, they may do that.

sunnysouth1
Community Member
Answered

Okay, I see that you are having a problem with your buyer. You left a positive feedback with a negative comment which isn't allowed, and if reported you will get a policy violation. Sellers can't leave negative or neutral feedback for buyers.

The best you can do is to try and make this buyer happy and see if they will agree to revise the negative to a positive.

Sunny

"If the world were ruled by women then there would be no war… just a couple of nations not talking with each other."

sunnysouth1
Community Member
Answered

If you have left positive feedback you can't change it to a negative feedback.

Sunny

"If the world were ruled by women then there would be no war… just a couple of nations not talking with each other."

craneclimber1
Community Member
Answered

suggest that before leaving feedback, or a reply to fb left,  you carefully think about what you are saying, as it is there for all to see.

ritacummins
Community Member
Answered

Before Ebay made it impossible for sellers to leave negative feedback for buyers, it became routine for sellers to retaliate for negative feedback by leaving the buyer negative FB also, which is just what you want to do.

Buyers were afraid to leave even well-deserved negatives for fear of retaliation.

With a problem buyer  it is best to leave no feedback at all.  You can't leave neg., and it is a violation to leave pos. with negative comments.  It can get you in trouble.

cute.shoes
Community Member
Answered

I don't think it will matter much.

With your bad / low DSR ratings, eBay will restrict or suspend your selling anyway.

__________ _________ _________ __________
See my "me" page to learn what smart sellers do.