eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Accepted Solution
Why don't people leave feedback for tranasactions.

I don't understand why people don't leave feedback for transactions. I always leave feedback. I try very hard to do the right thing.

Accepted Solutions: 5
house*of*paws
Community Member
Answered
in reply to vegasdiva47

Hi vegasdiva47,

While eBay does seem to encourage members to leave feedback ... it has always been a voluntary activity.

Why does a person choose not to participate in a voluntary activity?  Indifference, laziness, ignorance (of the feedback system), unwillingness to say something that could hurt another?  Any of the above and probably many more.

johnsattic
Community Member
Answered
in reply to vegasdiva47

Many no longer leave feedback for buyers because it was rendered meaningless when eBay banned honest feedback for buyers.

The way it works now every buyer has only positive feedback, makes no difference if they are a good buyer or not. Bad buyers get good feedback because they are not always bad, they do things like bid on 2 or 3 auctions at the same time, when it is over they pick the one they want to pay and leave the other two sellers hanging in the wind. So they get one good feedback and zero bad feedbacks.

Personally I leave it for buyers nearly all the time, especially if they left feedback for me, doesn't take that much time and makes them feel good even if it is meaningless.

Happy Holidays!
gosimus
Community Member
Answered
in reply to vegasdiva47

< why people don't leave feedback .... I always leave feedback >

What's what makes horse races, vegas.  Different people think different ways.

silverstrad
Community Member
Answered
in reply to vegasdiva47

Feedback is totally voluntary.

Some people choose to leave it right away, others later, some never. And whatever they choose is fine.

annadryl
Community Member
Answered
in reply to vegasdiva47

while it's very nice of you to leave feedback for everyone it's not always necessarily "the right thing" to do. the feedback system went fubar years ago and many choose not to participate.

also, sometimes a transaction is less than great. maybe a positive isn't 100% deserved, maybe a negative or neutral is too extreme.

the stars make it even worse...

don't take it personally. it's nice of you to be concerned, but in the end you're here to buy and sell items, not feedback :smileyindifferent:

Other Answers: 3
roshansmith
Community Member
Answered
in reply to vegasdiva47
I think when you leave honest feedback you contribute towards keeping ebay a trustworthy place. All these people who are saying it's ok not to leave feedback are talking about positive feedback. . If a transaction was unsatisfactory you lot will be the first to leave /approve of negative feedback . Leaving feedback is good manners. Then again it seems too much of an ask for some people.
ldmaffei
Community Member
Answered
in reply to vegasdiva47

In reading many of the replies that feedback is strictly voluntary, I say this is not fair.  I, myself, rely on feedback.  If someone were to have bad feedback, I may not buy that product.  But, when someone has 100% positive feedback, I am more than willing to try buying that product.  FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO LEAVE AFTER EVERY TRANSACTION.  It helps other people make a good choice to buy the product or not and keeps Ebay honest. 

I am going to write the person who did not leave me postivie feedback every week until I get it.  I gave him positive feedback for a product purchased and now I want positive feedback for my instant payment after the auction was over. 

WHAT'S RIGHT IS RIGHT!!!

annadryl
Community Member
Answered
in reply to vegasdiva47

@ldmaffei why do you believe feedback should be guaranteed simply because you paid? you're the buyer, you're supposed to pay.

the transaction isn't over yet for either party to summarize.

keep in mind that feedback is not part of the transaction itself. it is meant to be a comment afterwards and is never mandatory.

that is basic.

feedback 101> http://pages.ebay.com/help/feedback/howitworks.html