eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Why does Ebay have this ridiculous forum for customers to offer free help to each other for Ebay?

Hey Ebay!  Jump into 2013 style customer service and get live online chat with tech representatives!  I hate **bleep**py customer service.  If my customer service was as bad as Ebay's I wouldn't sell anything and my feedback would be 0.  The phone codes are a nice touch, but Ebay is an online business, start acting like one.  

Other Answers: 13
janet9988
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jazzy8027

So let me get this straight YOU are coming to the forums to complain about how ridiculous the forums are?????

Well that's ridiculous.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~all the info that you need to read is here....
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/overview.html
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jazzy8027

"Why does Ebay have this ridiculous forum for customers to offer free help to each other for Ebay?"

Since you think it's ridiculous and apparantly don't appreciate the fact that members volunteer their time here to help their fellow members I suggest you don't use this 'ridiculous forum' then.  :catmad:

centerhill73
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jazzy8027

Ebay stopped live chat last year due to massive misuse.

There are 125 million active members. A small percentage of them were sending gibberish over and over and blocking the site, so ebay stopped offering it.

If you don't want to use the member to member forums, stay off them.

simba6
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jazzy8027

With this forum, you do get good correct answers  to your questions.   From people who have used ebay!

angelgirl327
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jazzy8027

A small percentage of them were sending gibberish over and over and blocking the site, so ebay stopped offering it.

We're getting more and more gibberish on the AC also - like this post and a couple of the responses.  IMO the AC is going downhill fast - which is a real shame.  

and the rude users who tell you to stay off the boards if you dont like it

because free advise also comes with a kick in the face if someone doesnt like what frustrates you

This isn't the place to rant about something - that's for the discussion boards.  This is the place to ask a question in order to get help - hence the name Answer Center

So I can blog heinously about the dumb answers.

Whatever.  And if you think they are dumb answers, then I'm sure you won't want to come back and read anymore of them.   Goodbye.   :heart:

@ jazzy8027

Hey Ebay!

We're not ebay.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/suggestions.html

trinitybball23
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jazzy8027

Hey jazzy.  When you open your own company, you can run it like you want. 

Ebay does not read these boards, so you're wasting your breath.  Had you come on here & actually asked a question, it probably would have been solved by now.  But thanks for playing.

=^^= Save a stray today.
inceptions
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jazzy8027

A lot of members don't think this forum is rediculous. There are dozens of regular responders who like helping other members and millions of buyers who need help. They find it a place to learn about how to be a successful buyer and seller and somewhere to come for quick and accurate help from people with practical experience. They come here for practical advise on problem solving. How is that rediculous?

If you had been around during the days when eBay had live chat, you'd know why it was discontinued. It was a nightmare. One chat could eat up a couple of hours of your time and all you received was what you usually receive when you call eBay...someone to try to find an answer that sort of fit your question in the Customer Support pages who then copied and pasted it into the chat. At the end of the chat, you'd be so frustrated, you'd want to scream...and you'd still not have your answer. If you don't want to make phone calls or post questions here, then learn to use the Customer Support link at the top of any page or the Site Map where you can find an answer to just about any question you might ever think of.

As you already know, this is a member-to-member board, so eBay won't see your rant. If you want to rant to eBay, you'll have to call, use the Suggestion Box on the site map, or use the Tell us what you think link at the bottom of any page.

gageman22
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jazzy8027

This forum has helped me tremendously!! I have learned more by reading the questions here, then I ever did by reading all of ebay's new seller information.

Because I read the questions and answers here, I was saved from being scammed recently, because I recogonized the signs, and was able to avoid it.  I knew how to take care of a problem when the seller had the wrong email address in his listing, I knew what to do when someone wants me to combine shipping, I learned how to block unwanted bidders, and how to set my buyer requirements. I learned what to do when a buyer claimed to not have received his item( even though DC showed delivered).Just a few things I learned here, there are too many to list.

If you don't like it, don't come here. No one is forcing you too, and leave it for the people who appreciate it!! 

stuffcellar99
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jazzy8027

You GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community Member
Answered
in reply to jazzy8027

Well, personally I have always found what I need from expeirenced Ebayers.

Why do they have this forum? Why not?

Or you can always read and reread Ebays rules etc.

Don't like it? Don't use it.

"Ebay is an online store"

yeah ONLINE lol

tstroyerfosho
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jazzy8027

jazzy8027 wrote:

Hey Ebay!  Jump into 2013 style customer service and get live online chat with tech representatives!  

I agree they need english speaking chat reps...so many things that I have to call about can be done with a few words, instead of being on hold for 20+mins and being transferred again and again

Community Member
Answered
in reply to jazzy8027

So I can blog heinously about the dumb answers.

upcycle recycle salvage repurpose
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jazzy8027

and the rude users who tell you to stay off the boards if you dont like it

because free advise also comes with a kick in the face if someone doesnt like what frustrates you

upcycle recycle salvage repurpose