eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
kalimara
Community Member
Why can't I leave negative feedback anymore, to warn other sellers?

none

Other Answers: 10
Community Member
Answered
in reply to kalimara

I agree that this really needs to be CHANGED.

Yes we have tools to block buyers, but we aren't just dealing with deadbeat buyers here

Im talking about buyers who purposely say the item is 'damaged' when it isn't. Or complaining, then you give them a refund, and then they STILL threaten to leave you a negative feedback after you take in the costs of the good and all the fees ebay and paypal charges us.

Especially sellers who are just starting off and just want to be honest people, obviously one negative feedback will make a HUGE difference and buyers can easily take advantage of this.

Whats so bad about being able leave buyers with a big red negative feedback? it warns other sellers when that person is bidding on their things!

Almost all of the times sellers will never willingly give a buyer a negative feedback for not particular REASON because we would much prefer them give us a positive one and we give them positive back.

however, when buyers are obviously using feedback to get discounts and everything, why can't we give them negative feedback?

pete-pumpkin
Community Member
Answered
in reply to kalimara

What's the point of having feedback if all you can leave is positive feedback?

Community Member
Answered
in reply to kalimara

I just wasted over two weeks with 6 items on a dead beat. He has 11 pos feedback, but half of the comments mark him as a dead beat bidder...seems that other sellers had to give him a pos feedback and hoped that the comments would have been read. It would have been nice if I could have seen he was a dead beat in advance.....like the good old days when I did 100% of my business on ebay....not 99% amazon and 1% ebay.  The seller's time is just as important. Blocking a person with negative feedback only works if you can give him negative feedback for not paying. THe new system does not protect sellers the way the catch phase from customer support says that it will.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to kalimara
eBay's anti-seller policy really needs to be changed. I look at every buyer as the enemy and have to tread lightly in how I deal with them. I'm really getting tired of this because it should not be this way. At the moment I have no negative feedback but I'm getting tired of bending over backwards and kissing ass all the time to keep buyers happy. If a buyer is an idiot I should be able to give him or her a big red "x" and the world should know who they're dealing with. I think someone should set up a website where the names and identities of deadbeat buyers can be posted...or does anyone know of one that currently exists?
silverstrad
Community Member
Answered
in reply to kalimara

eBay gives sellers very effective tools to use for deadbeat buyers.

Sellers can give such buyers UPI strikes and sellers can block  bidders with 2 or more UPI strikes from buying.

If sellers use those tools, they reduce their chances of ever encountering deadbeat buyers.

And if they give a UPI strike to a buyer, they cannot leave any FB at all.

What good would a negative FB  be as a warning to a seller, if the buyer snipes an auction ?

All you can leave is a  buyer positive FB with a positive comment.

everything-from-trinkets-to-treasures
Community Member
Answered
in reply to kalimara

Why can't you leave bad FB for buyers "anymore"??

That hasn't been an option for alost 4 years now. The Policy changed in May 2008

And it would seem all those other sellers apparently don't know and have violated eBay policy as you cannot leave NEG comments in a POS FB.

Sellers don't need to be warned.

Sellers have the ability to block buyers with 2 or more non paying buyer strikes.

You waited over 2 weeks because you chose to wait over 2 weeks. If you are unhappy about the time spent then you should have filed the UPI after the 4th days and closed it 4 days later.

Ebay gives you the tools to use but you need to use them. How and when you chose to use them determines how much time you waste.

The new system works just fine.

ejb1214
Community Member
Answered
in reply to kalimara

In the past I preferred using eBay to buy and sell goods. Since my last visit I have noticed that a shift in the site's mentality has been made.  Sellers are second class citizens, forced to wade through a multi-page listing process complete with popup windows and other unpleasantries.  Now I find when a buyer contacts me, clearly stating he has NO intention to pay fo the item he just bought, I can't even leave negative feedback!  My only recourse is the drawn out process of receieving compensation from eBay.  I am extremely dissatisfied with this website and I WILL be taking my business elsewhere.

Get your act together eBay, you can't have buyers without sellers.

Eric Brigham

22shoes
Community Member
Answered
in reply to kalimara

Read here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

about setting your Buyer Requirements.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to kalimara

Radioguy12, I would love it if such a website were available. Do tell:8}

22shoes
Community Member
Answered
in reply to kalimara

randt3160,

Item location is still there, they just moved it.

Look in the center of the page, with the shipping price, directly under the price info.

Now report your post before someone else does, for language.