eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Unfair feedback

I sold an item to a buyer and after a few days I sent a message about payment with no response.  After 5 days the buyer finally paid and I shipped the item the next day.  I have the buyer a tracking number and then I kept getting messages about ha the item shipped.  Well since eBay likes to give an estimated date art arrival I guess this buyer thought the item should be there.  Well the next thing I know the buyer opened a case for an item not received.  I responded immediately.  The buyer and I agreed I the item wasn't there by today I would refund.  Well the whole weekend I got very condescending messages about my item is still not here waiting on a refund.  I was out of town and finally had enough and refunded the payment even though we had an agreement.  The buyer left me negative feedback even though a refund was done.  I sent a feedback revision and sent a message stating that I thought it was a little unfair to leave me the feedback since I did refund.  Today I got home and the package was in my mailbox because the postal worker didn't put the postage on my package.  I responded to the negative feedback to a refund was issued.  Should I do anything more? 

Other Answers: 4
mr_lees_deals
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jenniferkr1999

Why did you send a revision request without the buyer knowing it was coming and getting his advanced approval? If he declines, you do not get a second chance. If he does not agree within 10 days, you don't get a second chance.

You should have been more detailed about why you refunded the buyer in your reply, it makes you look like the one at fault.

Unless you overnight the package to him there wont be time to make him happy and the feedback will not be revised unless he has a real change of heart.

LC

“Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.” Zig Ziglar
Community Member
Answered

Let me give you more detail so maybe this can be understood a little better.  I live in a small town and we have one post office with one computer.  The postal worker had 5 people in line behind me and when she took my package I watched her put on the postage but I guess I should have said she may have not stuck it on well enough as she threw my package into the bin.  As for the feedback revision form the buyer stated they would think abut changing the feedback that is why I sent it, they knew it was coming.  I don't know how this is my fault at all considering I shipped the package sent the buyer a picture of my receipt which says the destination and also shows the tracking number.  I am an honest seller this is my first negative feedback.  Yes the buyer didn't receive the package but I also did my duty as a seller and refunded which I had no issues with. 

trinitybball23
Community Member
Answered

As mentioned, you never send a FB revision unless the buyer has agreed to it ahead of time.  You don't get a 2nd chance if they refuse & you are only allowed a few of these a year, so you don't want to waste it for nothing.  You responded that he was refunded & that's all you can do. 

Do you know that you can open a UPI (unpaid item dispute) after 2 days if the buyer doesn't pay or respond? 

Please explain to us how the postal worker didn't put the postage on the pkg. & how you could have a tracking # if there was no postage on it.  Sorry, but I find that hard to believe.  My post offices (I have 3 nearby) all put the postage on right in front of me, before I even pay (when I don't print my own labels on Ebay).  Then they ask if I want stamps or anything else, I pay & they give me a receipt.

=^^= Save a stray today.
vista_coins
Community Member
Answered

So how is it unfair?

Everyone should know these 4 things:
1) Buyer Protection - 30 days to file a claim from delivery date
2) Auctions are binding contracts
3) Click on Customer Support to find all answers
4) Problems are resolved in the Resolution Center