eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Is it alright for me to send a friendly reminder for customers to leave feedback?Every little star helps!

I have a few customers who haven't left me feedback, and I always leave their feedback at the time I've shipped. Even one of these people communicated several times with me before I sold her an item at 20% off and she hasn't left feedback, even though she emailed me after getting it! So, is it okay to send a friendly reminder to customers who haven't left feedback. Of course I would wait at least 2 weeks after delivery before sending reminder.

What do you think?

Thanks for your time & consideration,

waddlesford

Other Answers: 9
inceptions
Community Member
Answered
in reply to waddlesford

I have this same problem sometimes as a seller.

Problem? What problem? Again...feedback is voluntary. It is not a problem when a buyer doesn't leave it, it is a choice.

inceptions
Community Member
Answered
in reply to waddlesford

I have a few customers who haven't left me feedback...

And you always will because feedback is voluntary. You will not receive feedback for every transaction.

eBay already sends a reminder to buyers who haven't left feedback. That's enough. Feedback reminders are annoying to most members. Do you want an annoyed member to leave you feedback?

divwido
Community Member
Answered
in reply to waddlesford

Feedback is optional, feedback is unncessary and no one should ever be asked to leave feedback.

As a seller you should be aware that sometimes when people do not leave feedback-it's because they are not happy with the item.  Do you want to ask them to give you bad feedback???

Community Member
Answered
in reply to waddlesford

I have this same problem sometimes as a seller. I dont remind a buyer i just ask them in a friendly way if they were satisfied with the item? I don't worry about getting the bad feedback because i always list my items with the correct description.

I guess the person before is somewhat right, that you do not want to ask for bad feedback. But on the other hand if you messed up with a customer and they dont leave bad feedback then how are you ever supposted to correct a mistake you may be making and was not aware of??

I personally think if its bad, nutural, or good feedback we should know either way. But it is deffinately best if a buyer does have a problem that he/she contact the seller and let him know before feedback is given. As a seller i do everything i can in my power to make the customers happy! Without that i would never get repeat customers, or i would deffinately never be on someones favorite list.

My opinion is to just message them and ask if they were 100% satisfied with the purchase. If they message you back they are gonna let you know if they were or were not satisfied, then you can take it from there....It has worked for me several times, and you don't come off as nagging them about feedback! AND MOST IMPORTANTLY.....YOU KNOW HOW SATISFIED THE CUSTOMER IS WITH YOUR PRODUCT!! :smileyhappy:

divwido
Community Member
Answered
in reply to waddlesford

LET ME SAY THIS LOUDLY

NEVER EVER EVER ASK FOR FEEDBACK!!!

Community Member
Answered
in reply to waddlesford

NEVER EVER EVER EVER.............

Ask, remind, suggest a buyer leave feedback.  You can/will end up with NEG/NEU just for asking.  It happens ALL the time.

Feedback is 100% Optional & 100% Voluntary.

Be grateful you get what you get and move on...........

Community Member
Answered
in reply to waddlesford

Every little star helps with what?  Getting more feedback doesn't help you with anything.  Having 278 is no different than having 1000.

I'll tell you what won't help though.......somebody giving you a neg because you are pestering them for feedback.  It happens all the time.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to waddlesford

I have this same problem sometimes as a seller. I dont remind a buyer i just ask them in a friendly way if they were satisfied with the item? I don't worry about getting the bad feedback because i always list my items with the correct description.

I guess the person before is somewhat right, that you do not want to ask for bad feedback. But on the other hand if you messed up with a customer and they dont leave bad feedback then how are you ever supposted to correct a mistake you may be making and was not aware of??

I personally think if its bad, nutural, or good feedback we should know either way. But it is deffinately best if a buyer does have a problem that he/she contact the seller and let him know before feedback is given. As a seller i do everything i can in my power to make the customers happy! Without that i would never get repeat customers, or i would deffinately never be on someones favorite list.

My opinion is to just message them and ask if they were 100% satisfied with the purchase. If they message you back they are gonna let you know if they were or were not satisfied, then you can take it from there....It has worked for me several times, and you don't come off as nagging them about feedback! AND MOST IMPORTANTLY.....YOU KNOW HOW SATISFIED THE CUSTOMER IS WITH YOUR PRODUCT!! :smileyhappy:

Community Member
Answered
in reply to waddlesford

FEEDBACK IS 100% VOLUNTARY! DON'T  POKE THE SLEEPING BEAR!X-(

Y'all come back now y'hear?