eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
I had a seller leave me Positive feedback with negative comments. What do I do???????

Had to file with Ebay to get a refund and then I left seller a Negative feedback. Then today I recieved a positive rating from the seller with the comment

***NEGATIVE**NEGATIVE***BUYER KEPT ITEM AND FILED CLAIM TO GET MONEY BACK ****

Please help.

Other Answers: 9
sunnysouth1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to audria2010

"Well it seems you both violated the FB policy"

No, the OP did not violate the feedback policy LOL!! At least not on that feedback.

audria2010,

As said, you can report it and it will be removed. In the future if you are going to leave negative feedback you should make it clear in your comments what the problem was so that others will understand. I hope you didn't keep the item? And, I hope you didn't ask for feedback....

Sunny

"If the world were ruled by women then there would be no war… just a couple of nations not talking with each other."

stormwatch60
Community Member
Answered
in reply to audria2010

You should have stated that the item was not received in the first place and done this BEFORE leaving feedback. Read the link.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/item-not-received.html

stormwatch60
Community Member
Answered
in reply to audria2010

These are business transactions. It's amazing how some cannot conduct business here without making it personal. There are safeguards for both buyers and sellers. Feedback is left after all is said and done. If it is true you have both the cash and the item either ship the item back to the seller or pay for it. People that don't know how it works here and refuse to learn soon become former ebayers.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to audria2010

Yes, it is a policy violation.  But if what they said is true, and you kept the item AND the money, that is a thief.

Be VERY careful how many nagatives you throw around.  You will find yourself blocked (many have done so just by your posting here, myself included).  Because buyer feedback is not honest feedback, sellers now look to see what feedback you leave for OTHER sellers.  If you are a buyer that leaves NEG/NEU feedback, you will find yourself with cancelled bids, and then blocked from doing business with sellers of items you may really want.  Yes, even if you have left just ONE.  We do not need nor want a possible problem buyer.

So just keep that in mind the next time you go to leave a less than positive FB.

gosimus
Community Member
Answered
in reply to audria2010

Is it true?  Oh well, regardless of the veracity, this is a violation of policy.

Read this:  http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/inappropriate-feedback-comments.html

and report the feedback to eBay.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to audria2010

I never recieved the item

everything-from-trinkets-to-treasures
Community Member
Answered
in reply to audria2010

Well it seems you both violated the FB policy....both of you can get comments removed and take the violation hits for them.

And really...you refused to send the item back and filed a claim for a refund.

That, whether it happens, or not is the same as stealing.

If you don't pay (money is refunded) for the item then you need to send it back to the seller.

kraloe
Community Member
Answered
in reply to audria2010

OP didn't violate any eBay Feedback policy.

kraloe
Community Member
Answered
in reply to audria2010

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/inappropriate-feedback-comments.html

You both look like little kids in the Feedbacks you left. What good was the neg you left? "Beware" about what? And did you ask for + FB? Really?