eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • StubHub

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
How do I know if a buyer has unpaid strikes against him?

I have had several buyers not pay for items and they were given unpaid item strikes and I was refunded my listing fees. When I look at their feedback now I do not see any mention of their having an unpaid item strike and I am unable to leave negative or any feedback for them. How are sellers supposed to know these folks are non payers?

Other Answers: 5
october_paws
Community Member
Answered
in reply to causticmom

Well, if you have set up to limit the number of Unpaid item Strike buyer, your several unpaid item buyer could not bid on yours. You can set up your buyer's requirement.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to causticmom

You can't see that.

You CAN modify you profile and block bidders with 2 or more unpaid item strikes.

Upper right corner on this page, click 'customer support'. Type your question into the input box, and click the 'search' button.

This will answer 99% of all questions posted on this board.
inceptions
Community Member
Answered
in reply to causticmom

How are sellers supposed to know these folks are non payers?

Smart sellers don't need to know - they have their preferences set to automatically block problem buyers.

Go to your My eBay > Account tab > Site Preferences > Buyer requirements and block buyers who:

Don't have a PayPal account

Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 12 Month(s)

Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 6 Month(s)

Have a feedback score of -1 or lower

jesusrocks3339
Community Member
Answered
in reply to causticmom

If a buyer was still buying out there and I gave them a strike then I would have to assume that they most likely only have one strike against them. 

craneclimber1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to causticmom

if you have not found where to set your buyer requirements after 9 years and more than 7300 sales...

look here

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences