eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

csglow
Community Member

How do I get rid of advertising on top and bottom of pages?

I find that I now have all sorts of advertising when my computer loads eBay.  These ads appear on the top and on the bottom of my screens and some of them feel like spam.  How do I get rid of them?  I can't find a way to contact eBay about this.

Please use plain text.
scribble_on
Community Member

Re: How do I get rid of advertising on top and bottom of pages?

in reply to csglow

i have no idea, but if you find out, please come back and tell us.  I hate those ads!

Please use plain text.
mudshark61369
Community Member

in reply to csglow

The business school brain trust at eBay, feels they will get you to do some impulse buying if the indunate you with more items "you might also like".  Most everyone who responds to posts like yours, feels the same way about all the ads. However, there is no way to get rid of them. Your best bet is to train yourself to ignore them.

Here is a link you can use to let eBay know how you feel.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/suggestions.html

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS! (unknown)
Please use plain text.
mudshark61369
Community Member

in reply to mudshark61369

mudshark61369 wrote:

The business school brain trust at eBay, feels they will get you to do some impulse buying if the indunate you with more items "you might also like".  Most everyone who responds to posts like yours, feels the same way about all the ads. However, there is no way to get rid of them. Your best bet is to train yourself to ignore them.

Here is a link you can use to let eBay know how you feel.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/suggestions.html

OOPs,

That was supposed to be Inundate.  Need more coffee this morning.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS! (unknown)
Please use plain text.