eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
Community Member
How can I get seller to refund my paypal account when he got item back.

I purchased an item and returned it per return policy, however seller never credited my paypal account.  I have emailed him continuously (through ebay so they have a record).  First he told me he had not got the item back  so then I blamed the post office.  I saw he had relisted the item and it sold.  This has been going on for two months now. Last week he told me he credited the wrong account.  How do I get my money back and change from the positive feedback to give him the negative feedback he deserves!  Please help people like this make me not want to do business on ebay!

Other Answers: 3
Community Member
Answered
in reply to gizmoisapetidol

Two problems here.  First, positive feedback cannot be changed by anyone.  The best you can do is to add a reply to the feedback.  Second, if this has been going on for two months you are past the point where eBay or PayPal will help you.  You have eBay and PayPal buyer protection for 45 days from date of payment.  After that they will not help you.  You should have opened a case before the 45 days passed.  Now it is between you and the seller.  If you paid for the item with a credit card through PayPal then you can ask the CC company for a charge back.  There may be time left to do that before you hit their deadline also.

22shoes
Community Member
Answered

You returned it without using tracking?

cute.shoes
Community Member
Answered

If you try to do a charge-back on your credit card - your credit card company will want the DC/tracking number PROVING that the seller received the item back.

NEVER return an item without DC/tracking to PROVE (via online lookup) that the seller received the item back.

__________ _________ _________ __________
See my "me" page to learn what smart sellers do.