eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Bad feedback and low DSR from Colorado buyers during recent floods

Hello

Was wonering if E-Bay are doing anything about buyers who leave bad feedback and or low DSR on items bought received during the recent floods in Colorado?

I saw a message from E-Bay about the floods but it did not inicate what should or could be done in this kind of case

Just had a buyer leave a comment about slow shipping time and suspect he left a 1 or 2 DSR

Buyer lives in Colorado ....

Funny thing is the package was stil arrived during the estimated delivery window

Does anyone have any info. on what if anything E-Bay is doing to help shafted buyers in these cases?

Thanks in addvance

Please use plain text.
imagebyroberts2
Community Member

Re: Bad feedback and low DSR from Colorado buyers during recent floods

in reply to medusa.leather

Yes,  Ebay sent out a message directly to our email address.  We live in Colorado and a lot of post offices were closed do to flooding and road closures.  This occured along the front range from Colorado Springs to the Wyoming border.    Areas east of the Interstate 25 were also flooded and there were power outages all over the state.

Tell your buyer that:   "You are sorry for the delay.  The estimated time for arrival was within the time frame which means that it would have arrived earlier if it hadn't been for the weather delays across your state.   Please check with your local post office to see if they had issues with getting packages out in time."

Ebay indicated that any negative feedback and low DSRs would be corrected,   because of the weather delays would be removed after review.   If your buyer dings you on the stars or feedback,  report her.  You may have to contact ebay more than once as a reminder.

Please use plain text.
mudshark61369
Community Member

medusa.leather wrote:

Hello

Was wonering if E-Bay are doing anything about buyers who leave bad feedback and or low DSR on items bought received during the recent floods in Colorado?

I saw a message from E-Bay about the floods but it did not inicate what should or could be done in this kind of case

Just had a buyer leave a comment about slow shipping time and suspect he left a 1 or 2 DSR

Buyer lives in Colorado ....

Funny thing is the package was stil arrived during the estimated delivery window

Does anyone have any info. on what if anything E-Bay is doing to help shafted buyers in these cases?

Thanks in addvance

Here is a link to ebay's feedback removal policy.  Under the GUIDELINES section, click on the last drop down option. The first topic is about weather related incidences,

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-removal.html

I'm not sure this will aply though, since the item was coming from Thailand.  What may make it removable is if the buyer left a 1 or 2, feedback rating with a positive feedback.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS! (unknown)
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to mudshark61369

Thanks for the great information

The buyer lives in Pueblo Co ... I checked google maps and it is just south of Colorado Springs and close to I-25

There is also a new wikipedia entry for 2013 Colorado floods and it indicates there Pueblo was

affected

Trying to get my ducks in a row bofore sending msg to EBay

Can anyone confirm if Pueble was seriosuly affected by the floods?

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
imagebyroberts2
Community Member

Pueblo was not affected by the floods but... but,  the post office mail sorts for Pueblo come out of Colorado Springs and they are notorious for slow turn around.  Colorado Springs has been hit with severe fires and now the flooding. 

You should be able to get anything negative removed because it was delivered within the alloted time.

Please use plain text.