eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

fashionistas81
Community Member

Is my Coach handbag real?

I had this listed until a not so friendly buyer messaged me and told me how "not cool" it was that I was trying to get away with selling fakes....I honestly thought it was real...Im not really that into namebrand purses so I didn't doubt her and took it down until I got a chance to research further. Of course I start here because you guys are awesome and super knowledgable. 

IMG_20140105_131626[1].jpg
Please use plain text.
fashionistas81
Community Member

Re: Is my Coach handbag real?

in reply to fashionistas81

IMG_20140105_131537[1].jpg
Please use plain text.
fashionistas81
Community Member

IMG_20140105_131615[1].jpg
Please use plain text.
mlprsp
Community Member

Not authentic Coach.

Sorry.  :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
fashionistas81
Community Member

Its ok! She was just so rude about it I thought it'd be good to double check. Glad I took it down right away then! Sure is a good fake lol, I might as well keep it!
Please use plain text.
fashion*boulevard
Community Member

I *think* a rule of thumb is that if the exterior is logo fabric, the lining won't be. The "leather" parts also don't look like real leather.

Please use plain text.
fashionclubgurl
Community Member

fashionistas81 wrote:
Its ok! She was just so rude about it I thought it'd be good to double check. Glad I took it down right away then! Sure is a good fake lol, I might as well keep it!

I hope that was meant to be funny, because its really a bad bad fake. Anyone who knows Coach only has to take one look at how messed up the C pattern on the outside is to know right away that its fake. The pattern is crooked, its not even close to being matched up along the front center seam, the front zipper would never look like that on a real Coach. It just screams "FAKE" just from the pattern.

Please do a little research into the subject of counterfeit handbags, child labor and terrorism, carrying fakes is not cool or funny. Please slice that thing up with an Exacto knife and throw it in the garbage if its too late to get your money back.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

fashionistas81 wrote:
Its ok! She was just so rude about it

What you perceive as being rude was probably the best thing that could have happened to you. If instead of contacting you, she'd reported the listing, your account would have been marked with a "counterfeit" ding, something that would have impacted your ability to list in the future. Had the bag sold, you would have had a ripped off buyer who might have negged you and hurt your reputation.

Instead of considering her contact as rude, you should have thanked her for the heads up.

---------------------------------------------------------
If you can keep your head while all about you are losing theirs, clearly you are not understanding the situation

(credit: author Jean Kerr)
Please use plain text.
fashionistas81
Community Member

Oh I thanked her! You guys are ripping me a well deserved new one too lol. I will get rid of it, sorryfor the ignorant question :-/
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Just wanted to say that your humor and lack of defensiveness were refreshing and appreciated!

If you pick up any higher end purses for sale, please post here before listing--that one's pretty bad, but I think you learned your lesson, and fortunately no major penalty for you. Glad you escaped unscathed, it could have been much worse.

Somewhat similar thing here, a buyer wrote to say that some shoes I had listed looked like they might a crack on the sole. It was practically invisible, but when I twisted the shoe (I try to always remember to do this but forgot this time), it fell apart in my hands. I was so appreciative that he noticed, I let him know how grateful I was, offered him a discount if he purchased an item. Buyers can be nasty, but sometimes they're so helpful! Shoes had bids on them, it would have awful if I had sent them to someone!

Please use plain text.