eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Can I re-open a closed case?

About 8 months ago I opened a case against a ebay-seller because he didn't shipped my item. That was the first time I ever opened a case, so I just thought that was all I had to do.. I didn't know that I had to escalate the case, so I didn't took further actions. The case closed, and I have just realized that I never got a refund. Is it possible to re-upon this case, cause I would really like a refund?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Can I re-open a closed case?

in reply to haassvith
HAASS..

Sorry, but once a case is closed by Ebay---you cannot re-open it. I do think Ebay's directions on how to file a Dispute--are confusing, to say the least. They do not tell you when you file a Dispute---that you are going to have to keep checking back---for the Escalate message!! And then you are required to say "yes" to that message.

You are certainly not the first person to have a case closed out on them---because their directions are so crummy.

The only other way to get your money back for an item not received is IF you paid for the item through one of your Credit Cards. When you do that, if Ebay messes up---you can aways call your Credit Card company---and they will ususually get your refund for you.

However, even Credit Card companies have deadlines for filing complaints. And I suspect that eight months is too long. They proably will not help you at such a late date. :_|
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to haassvith
Thank you very much for your informative answer! It's partly my own fall, but as you say the system is pretty confusing. Thanks again.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to haassvith

The item I bought failed after I closed my case and now I cannot use the buyer protection even in PayPal. Ebay communication is very bad and the customer service is very unhelpful.

I have decided I will not buy anymore from ebay. I paid real money and got a counterfeit instead. And the seller has more than a million positive feedbacks. I don't even know how that is even possible. Makes me wonder if there is a feedback generator working behind the scenes!

Buying from ebay is like buying from the carnival. Nothing is guaranteed. If you want protection, A****n is the  place.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to haassvith

JIJO..

Yes, buying here is not like buying directly from the Manufacturer.  So you do not get the Warranties that you would get from the origiinal maker of the product.  Most of the items here are coming from re-sellers.  And they don't give Warranties.

That's one reason that for expensive items, you should always pay with a Credit Card.  If item malfunctions within a short period of time, you can look to your CC company for help in getting a refund.  And frequently, they WILL do a chargeback for you.:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to haassvith

Yes, eBay is totally a risk for buyers.

The same happened to me, i closed my case and the product failed after that. I contacted customer care and they didnt reply to me. Its totally annoying. I would atleast stop my friends to not purchase from eBay. Though i know we cant bring a big loss to it and make them realize how important customer service is. Atleast i can protect my friends.

FK and A****n are good.

I am going to stop using eBay henceforth.

Please use plain text.