eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Buyer claims package was not received but USPS shows it was delivered. The package was insured through ShipCover.

I need to file a ShipCover insurance claim on behalf of my buyer because she claims she did not receive the package even though it shows delivered by USPS.  Since the money from the claim (provided the insurance pays out) needs to go to the buyer, not me, should I enter the buyer's PayPal email address when I file the claim?  The reason the money will be going back to the buyer is that the buyer opened a case against me but eBay ruled in my favor because I was able to show tracking information that the package was delivered.  

Other Answers: 3
jsrmcr2012
Community Member
Answered
in reply to sasy56

Even if the item did arrive but was damaged, YOU would refund the buyer and then file the claim for reimbursement. Buyers have Buyer Protection. Insurance is for the seller only. 

pi_r_square
Community Member
Answered
in reply to sasy56

need to file a ShipCover insurance claim on behalf of my buyer because she claims she did not receive the package even though it shows delivered by USPS

Nope.

If USPS shows "delivered", your job is done.  The buyer has to check their PO, neighbors, family, under the bushes, etc.

ShipCover would gleefully turn down your claim of nondelivery, because the item WAS delivered!

Please return to your question soon, and click "Accept as Solution" for any helpful answers, from any responder. If you were asked for clarification, please add your comments very quickly -- otherwise the responders may be unable to give further help
fossil_diver
Community Member
Answered
in reply to sasy56

Your responsibility is finished with this buyer so don't let them bully you into giving them any money. Odds are they actually received it and just want it for free. If you really are concerned about your buyer and think they are being sincere then let them know you will offer them any help you can with opening a case with the USPS for mail theft. The buyer will have to fill out some forms for the post office in their area since the theft/loss occurred there and not on your end. The USPS takes this very seriously and postal theft is a Federal felony. If they are scamming you the threat of involving the USPS will usually have them crawling back under their rock.