eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

missymayboutique
Community Member

Jutta Levasseur EPCOT Painted Eggs. Need Help

I came buy these eggs at a Disney Collectors estate sale in SoCal.

I purchased them for next to nothing but now that I am searching I have found they could be really valuable.

All that I can find is that the artist Jutta Levasseur painted eggs in Epcot since the beginning and remained for 30 years until she died in 2012.

Her eggs are said to be worth hundreds to thousands of dollars.  

I can only find 2 items on Ebay by this artist and neither sold for very much money (around $200)

Is Ebay perhaps not the correct market?

My eggs do not have any paper work but I find it very hard to believe there could be "replicas" out there especially since they came from an estate full of rare disney items.

The "Bambi" egg is signed "Disne" Jutta ( I don't know if she flat out forgot the "y" or if it rubbed off but the egg is in mint condition)

The other 2 eggs look to be german Steiff bears in Christmas settings.

Does anyone know if these were sold in Epcot too?

All of the eggs I have found by her were strictly Disney images.

Any help with these would be great.

I would mainly like to know if these are "one of a kind" and the value I should shoot for.

Any advise on where to look next or a better place to sell them would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!

Missy

5100085636_IMG_2727.jpg
5100085637_Bears2.jpg
Please use plain text.
missymayboutique
Community Member

Re: Jutta Levasseur EPCOT Painted Eggs. Need Help

in reply to missymayboutique

5100085638_IMG_2731.jpg
5100085639_IMG_2732.jpg
Please use plain text.
1dogkisser
Community Member

Re: Jutta Levasseur EPCOT Painted Eggs. Need Help

in reply to missymayboutique

Hi Missy,

The eggs you're displaying came from my estate sale in March.  Yes, they were painted by Jutta Levasseur sometime in the late 90's to early 2000's, but are not one of a kind.  I honestly do not remember what I paid for them, but it wasn't outrageous.  I kept two one-of--kind eggs she painted specifically for me; they are priceless to me.  Jutta and I were friends, talking throughout the years, and I knew she was battling cancer.  I was tremendously saddened by her death.

Hope this helps.

Teri

Please use plain text.