eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Top Kudoed Posts
Community Member

eBay Phone Numbers

Does anyone know of a phone number that I can call at ebay to talk to an actual human being? I'm not getting anywhere on any help boards.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

eBay Phone Numbers

in reply to rmt438
This would be a great help to be able to talk to a human with direct questions. I have not found a number yet but I am looking hard. If anyone finds one PLEASE post it for others to use.

Thank you
Please use plain text.
Community Member

eBay Phone Numbers

in reply to rmt438
I have had luck a few times, "talking" to an eBay representative on Live Help, http://pages.ebay.com/help/basics/n-livehelp.html
Karen
Please use plain text.
jtshadow2000
Community Member

eBay Phone Numbers

in reply to rmt438
eBay doesn't do phone support unless you are a gold level Power Seller.

Click Live Help

You can usually find that button on the HOME page.........The SELL tab at the top of this page or ........

DO IT EBAY..........*There is a link at the bottom right of that page for "Live Chat with
Customer Support"
.....or.....

Customer Support

~~~Judy~~~

"Smile and the world Smiles with you"
Please use plain text.
wizard_mithrandir
Community Member

eBay Phone Numbers

in reply to rmt438

eBay's phone number(s) are a secret the likes of the Coca-Cola formula or the Bush Baked Beans recipe.

Now if only Bill Cosby worked for eBay... or maybe they have a dog???
Steve/wiz
Rev. Stephen B. Henry, PhD.
Executive Director
Online Sellers Association
Please use plain text.
Community Member

eBay Phone Numbers

in reply to rmt438
No eBay phone numbers but you can go here

http://pages.ebay.com/help/basics/select-support.html
#1 click feedback
#2 click leaving feedback
#3 click Can I change/delete Feedback I left someone

then click continue
then go to bottom right of page and click contact support then tell them what happened and see what they say.

I've seen where they have at times removed a feedback because the person that left it requested it.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

eBay Phone Numbers

in reply to rmt438
Ignore my message above responded in wrong place.

What is it you need help with maybe I can give you some assistance?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: eBay Phone Numbers

in reply to rmt438
maybe this is out of line but i think what confuses people so much is that ebay does do more than what i and many others consider to be just a "venue"

it's hard to think of ebay as being "just a venue" when they have so much publicity, tv commercials, etc.

and then when you have a real problem such as seller fees and your seller's invoice, you have nothing to turn to other than live help and e-mails that take days to be answered

i'm not well versed on the lasws of setting up a business as a venue but it seems to me that the venue status ebay has is selective

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rmt438
I would wager these have been disconnected or will not get you anywhere.
As far as I know there is no longer phone support until you are a Platinum Power Seller. We are a Gold level and the number they issued has long be discontinued.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rmt438
If eBay had a phone number to call, they would have to open a huge call center to handle the volume.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rmt438
Ebay makes good money already anyway, so why shouldn't they?? Also gives us a LOT more jobs!!!

Besides, it would pump up their "resumad", which is like voicing the company resume through an advertisement.

Customers would like readily available phone support anyway so due to higher auction volume, that should help Ebay in the long run and even pay for itself, plus make greater profits.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rmt438
OMG they asked where I got the number. They wanted to know what web site I got it from.
Please use plain text.
dturnersan
Community Member

in reply to rmt438
The phone numbers do exist but if they are posted on any Discussion Board they will be removed and the poster will get a big fat pink slap from eBay.
Of course any upstanding business should be a member of the Better Business Bureau in their community, and I believe that requires a listed phone number.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rmt438
How about trying the operator?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rmt438
It's easy to get ebay's phone number when you know what city and state they're in. I found it because I wanted to save some people thousands on a huge scam listing I discovered. After being on hold for 20 minutes, The first question was "Where did you get our phone number?" I didn't tell. When I told them about the scam, the representative didn't even ask me the user's I.D. and told me to go to the discussion boards. I asked her if she cared that many people would be ripped off by thousands in less than 12 hours she said "yes" and told me to go to the discussion boards. Here I am and BUYER BEWARE!!! ebay won't do anything until your money is gone. By the way, I think ebay is great but they definitely DON'T want to talk to you! Beware of user "almrens" they are in Spain, have only positive feedbacks as a buyer and are (were) selling huge ticket items and their listings were ALL COPIED from others.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rmt438
A buy it now bandit closed down several hundred big ticket buy it now auctions.
They nailed one of my BIN auctions...$199K

I e-mailed eBay; until I receive full credit of $107.00 I will not list or relist anything.

Next week alone eBay will loose $800 in listing fees from me...not to mention all of next years. If the latter bothered them...they would have some sort of service.

I'm certainly not expecting any eBay-mail soon.

If I don't receive an e-mail from them and a credit,

I will be seeking counsel.

Anyone know of a class action regarding the BIN Bandit eBay has been experiencing?

Anyone know how to do a press release?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rmt438
Google for "ebay phone number" and you'll get a bunch of hits. Most of those will be old numbers, as ebay changes the number once they find out it's gotten out. (That's why the first question when you do get hold of someone is "where did you get this number?"

I recently posted 2 links for people and they must have been good links, cuz my posts got pulled and I got emails from ebay telling me not to post phone numbers.

I'd bet that any phone number that's posted and does not get pulled is not a current number.

Welcome again the darkness of winter, you familiar, soothing dusk.
~ Juhani Aho

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rmt438
chadjh1, you rule. i just live"help"ed eBay, which is always a joke, and they actually had the audacity to say they don't offer phone support! it pisses me off. what also pisses me off is that scam bidders can BIN your auctions, eBay suspends them, but eBay won't refund your Final Value Fees immediately...fees that eBay takes on a fradulent non-sale!! complicity, thy name is eBay. There is a class action lawsuit in here just waiting to come out...and force multi-billion dollar eBay to stop treating its members like second-class citizens by pretending phone support doesn't exist while simultanesously skimming fraudulent-gained profits from us. there's my tirade for the day. thank you and good night. (and thanks again chadjh1)
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rmt438
There are numbers for ebay. I have two of them, and they actually work. THey just redirect you to the proper place to email things too, though. I'm not going to post them because I'm sure the moderator will probably control for it. If this message posts, I will leave a message with contact info soon.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rmt438
I just tried calling it was 2:00 PM Calif time ,, the recording said Customer Service closes at 2:00 PM ... sound very strange to me ,,,,,,,
I don't think EBay cares to talk to its customers

Lenzstuff:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(
Please use plain text.