eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Merry Christmas

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Item Specifics in Car Electronics

Hi All,

I'd like to post this information and then start a discussion and get your feedback on the following:

****New Features for Car Electronics****
In late April 2004, eBay will be implementing functionality called Item Specifics in several Car Electronics categories. This feature is designed to help buyers find what they're looking for more quickly and easily.

Item Specifics Background:

With Item Specifics, eBay collects a few key pieces of information about a seller's listing and then enables buyers to use a "Product Finder" to search for the item via several different paths.

To see how the Product Finder works on the site today, please look at the Digital Cameras Category. For example, in the Digital Cameras category, buyers can search using the Product Finder by attributes such as Brand, Resolution, or Condition.

Product Finder --Amplifiers

Within Amplifiers, buyers will be able to search by Brand, Number of Channels, and Condition.
Product Finder—In-Dash Receivers

Within In-Dash Receivers, buyers will be able to search by Format, Brand and Condition

Product Finder –Speakers and Speaker Systems
Within Speakers, buyers will be able to search by type (i.e. component, system or stand-alone) Brand, and Condition.

Product Finder --Subwoofers
Within Subwoofers, buyers will be able to search by Brand, Size (8 inch, 10 inch, etc), Voice Coil (Dual, Quad, etc) and Condition.

How will this work?

Subwoofer: NIB Kicker Dual Voice Coil 12 inch Subwoofer
The seller would use the "Kicker" brand descriptor, "12 inch" size descriptor, "Dual" voice coil descriptor and the "New" condition descriptor when listing their item.
If a buyer enters the Subwoofer category looking for Kicker subwoofers, a buyer could select "Kicker" and look at all Kicker items listed with Item Specifics. Another buyer looking for 12 inch Dual Voice Coil Subwoofers, could select "12 inch" and "Dual Voice Coil", and see all of those listings listed with Item Specifics.

What will I need to do?

You'll want to begin preparing for Item Specifics now. In the Digital Cameras category, items listed with Item Specifics experience significantly higher sell-through rates and prices than items without… so you won't want to miss a day of Item Specifics when they launch in Car Electronics.

Start by carefully thinking about how you will use these descriptors for the items you sell. If you list items manually through the Sell Your Item form or Turbo Lister, you will see the new options as soon as they launch. If you utilize a listing service (e.g., Andale or Auctionworks), you may want to check if your provider offers Item Specifics functionality in the Car electronics category… and remind them that this will be important in Car Electronics.

Look for the changes and more information this month! If you have any comments or feedback about Item Specifics, please email them to caraudio@ebay.com.

I will also be checking these boards every few days for the next month or so to answer your questions!

Warm regards, and thank you for your business!

Melinda
Category Manager, Car Electronics
Community Member

in reply to caraudio@ebay.com
OK, your welcome
fairjoeblue
Community Member

"Item Specifics in several Car Electronics categories"

How ,exactly, does that affect the Computer & Networking catagory and/or board ? Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

"Five year plans and new deals, wrapped in golden chains.
And I wonder, still I wonder who'll stop the rain."
1508dan
Community Member

Looks like a "glitch" is putting up these "pink" threads, look at the date's on em!
fairjoeblue
Community Member

"Looks like a "glitch" is putting up these "pink" threads, look at the date's on em!"

They're still fun to answer! :^O Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

"Five year plans and new deals, wrapped in golden chains.
And I wonder, still I wonder who'll stop the rain."
Community Member

making a subwoofer with dual coils goes against what subwoofers are supposed to do. a quality single sub with a single "big" coil will outpreform any two dual coil subs. .

-This reply is rated "T" for truth-
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
There is no norm. Do not conform. and
Please don't stray to thebay ways
Community Member

Posted April 2004???? Electronic questions of 2004 are obsolete now, aren't they in many ways?
Community Member

making a subwoofer with dual coils goes against what subwoofers are supposed to do. a quality single sub with a single "big" coil will outpreform any two dual coil subs.

reaper, I don't think you fully understand what a dual vioce coil is. It's two voice coils on one cylinder, not two cylinders in one cone,lol. Have you ever seen a 4 and 8 ohm voice coil, notice the difference thinkness or guage wiring. Basically you can have both with a dual voice coil.
Community Member

"Looks like a "glitch" is putting up these "pink" threads, look at the date's on em! "

Not a Glitch, a Bootlegger. Probably had a bit too much MD20-20.

What do you think you're doing?

Note: This poster does not respond to off-board emails.

----
Note: This poster does not respond to off-board emails.